Thursday, July 01, 2010

Surprise Me: Day 3/30


Day Three

The kids got off to school today (all 3 of em!) with no tears and no arguing!  That was a surprise! :)

Work was good - quiet and productive and lots of laughs.  Two weeks ago I was very depressed - almost, I would say, oppressed.  I had just been in a deep, dark pit and could really see no light at the end of the tunnel.  Someone could have sneezed and I would have crumpled to the ground.  I was sitting at my desk at work and a co-worker came up behind me, touched my shoulder, and asked me if I was okay and said I looked like I was about ready to give up - scary how accurate that was.  I just broke down and cried.  He said he was sorry - that if I needed to talk to call him.  I told him thank you - and that I'd be okay.  Later that day I sent him an email thanking him and told him I wasn't talking to him in person because I didn't want to cry again - but thanked him for reaching out to me.  So today - two weeks later - he emailed me a response, apologizing for not having responded earlier but his email had been down.  He said he could relate to me being sad when I don't have my kids - that he is there if I need someone to listen or a shoulder to lean on.  That was so sweet.  People do care.  There is good out there.  That was a nice surprise.

From my desk today I saw a bright greenish-blue streak in a cloud in the blue sky.  I called my friend over to ask what it was - I'd never see anything like it!  There was a red one right next to it.  Whispy white clouds with bright colors in them.  It was a rainbow from the humidity.  We ran outside and took pictures.  God surprised me.  :)

I gave my friend the book "The Shack" to read today.  Another co-worker and I had a conversation about it too - the spiritual significance and the evangelism tool it is.  I'm excited for my friend to read it. 

I wrote a letter to my friend with cancer today.  I witnessed to him about Jesus in the letter, and enclosed a copy of a talk I gave on a women's retreat about the testimony of my life that God has given me.  I'm mailing it tomorrow.  Surprise me, God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment