Five more days. Geez. Well here goes the home stretch.... :)
Today during the day at work, I got a call from a nurse who used to work for our division. While she was there, she would confide things in me and trust me with things that she wouldn't trust anyone else with. I don't know why, but she sought me out to talk to me quite often....about personal things. Before she left she said she noticed how I was always so stressed out, running here and there and never taking a break...always doing something....always on the phone trying to solve crises, etc. So she called me today out of the blue. She told me that there is an agency that she knows who is hiring for a position that would be equal to my supervisor's position....no on-call....no supervising anyone outside of the office. That's what I need. I would even take a lateral move to get there. I just need the stress out of my life. I take it home. It's not good for me or my family. I told her I would be interested in at least sending in my resume and interviewing. She called me later after she had conveyed that message to the owner of the other agency and she said the owner was excited to talk to me and would be looking for my resume. God knows I want to get out of those responsiblilites that take the life out of me...and I only have 40 more credits to go to get my Bachelor's degree in Psychology...but I work full-time and am a single parent and I'm not sure I'd be able to handle the stress of going to school full-time also. We will see how this goes. At the very least, God surprised me by using someone to put an opportunity in my path and blessed me by showing me someone thought enough of me to recommend me.
Also at work today, my coworker whose daughter I spoke about in previous posts sat down with me and our other Program Coordinator and told us that she is tired of carrying the burden of work home with her. And she doesn't want to do it anymore. She doesn't want us to do it either. She was up at 3am this morning on the floor praying for all of us. Her husband got up and joined her. She talked about a movie in which the main character was hospitalized and there was a person on his back. He didn't know the person was there.....but he felt the burden. The person signified a burden or an oppression. She said we all have that, and it's not supposed to be like that. I agree. I'm gonna join her on that one. And I hope you will, too. Life is way too short to be carrying around burdens that we weren't meant to carry. God calls us to cast all our cares on Him....because He cares for us. The literal translation of the word cast means to hurl. Just cast your burdens on him....or drop them at His feet. And then back away. Don't be tempted to pick them back up. Don't be selfish. Let Him have 'em. :)
My supervisor let me know this evening that they found out what is wrong with her husband. He is from Africa and a year ago when he went back, he ingested tapeworm eggs on some food, obviously unknowingly. The eggs got into his intestines and somehow entered his bloodstream, travelling to his liver and maybe his brain. They formed cysts on the liver....the cysts are some kind of nest or something. SO....because they are parasites and they have been in his body for a year, they have become part of his body. So any removal of the cysts could cause severe trauma to the body and be potentially very dangerous. Letting the parasites stay in there would kill him. In addition to this complication, he has a serious infection in his body. They are testing his blood for sepsis. I am praying his blood is not septic....that would be an awful road to go down. He is Muslim and she believes in God but has her own other beliefs. This is the time they need to leave their burdens with Christ. But they don't know Him....so it's our job to take them to Him for them. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. I pray for their souls and that God would heal him fully and completely. And that he would never eat in Africa again but take MREs and bottled water with him on the plane. :)
Surprise us, God. Do Your thing.....tomorrow is a brand new day....

No comments:
Post a Comment