Three more days...
This morning the kids and I went to church. On the way I was threatening them with injury because they were yelling at each other in the back seat. What in the world is going on? It's been like this for the last couple of days. They were actually in a fist fight yesterday!!! A fist fight! I know my kids are far from perfect, but they are good kids. They have NEVER done that. I have no idea what has gotten into them....maybe it's the heat. Or the fact that it's a full moon. Who knows. All I know is that the second we walked through the doors at church, we were a perfect family. Hahaha
Our pastor was still gone on vacation so Willie preached today. Both of the kids fell asleep on my lap, but not before Isaac drew Willie a picture. :) After the message, Willie got up to offer prayer as we were getting ready to close in another worship song. (If you haven't read Day 23/30 you may want to now or this may not make much sense). He said he felt God speaking to him that there was someone there that God was calling to a higher calling. Someone who knew that God was calling them to more....and he wasn't sure what it was, but he knew the person he was speaking about would know. I teared up instantly because I knew God had just reached down and confirmed in my heart that He sees me. His calling on my life is real. He is encouraging me by letting me know that because this is of Him, nothing can stop me. Not my insecurity in preaching to others, not my fear of failure, nothing can stop this calling from being fulfilled if I just give it my all and put my heart into it. I went up for prayer and a woman I have seen but never met prayed the sweetest prayer over me I think anyone has ever prayed. It was so heartfelt and she said all the right words....as if they were coming from God Himself....which I am sure they were. :) What an absolutely unexpected, surprising, amazing way to start the day.
The kids' dad asked Maddie if she wanted to help him set up at the Parade of Homes tonight and she did....so Isaac and I had some time together which was nice. We ended up going over to my friend's apartment and swimming with him and his son. It was a really nice time....no siblings arguing...sun and water...good times. :) So the absolutely most adorable thing was said to me by my son tonight....
"Mommy, I wish you were my age."
"Why is that, Isaac?"
"Cuz then we could grow up together and get married when we got old enough."
Awwwww. If that's not the sweetest thing.....precious little guy. Hahaha
God.....tomorrow is a new day.....
Surprise us! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment