Saturday, July 03, 2010

Surprise Me: Day 5/30



I can see how worries just sap the life out of anything.  I've been so preoccupied for the most part of the day with worried thoughts that I haven't seen much positive today.  But there were positives....

My good friend called to ask me if I would meet her for lunch tomorrow.  I am looking forward to getting away from work for a little while to meet her and talk and pray together.  She is an encouragement to me and I always feel so much better after getting together with her. 

My mom called today and told me she had the tickets for the kids and I to go to Cedar Point with her and her youth group.  The kids are really excited about going. 

My neighbor passed away last year around this time.  She left behind an adult son and a grandson who had been living with her their whole lives.  The grandson's parents are in prison for many more years.  The sister-in-law of my deceased neighbor has moved in to help take care of the young boy.  She came over last night to vent about living conditions in the house and about some other things.  She was so stressed out and has nowhere else to go.  Her health is failing and she is afraid if she keeps staying in this stressful situation, she will have another heart attack.  I offered for her to move in with us, telling her we have plenty of room and she is more than welcome.  She thanked me and said she was going to try to get a place of her own soon, so she wasn't going to go anywhere yet.  It felt good to be able to offer that to her.  She said she wanted to go to church with us sometime soon.

Tomorrow is a new day....Surprise Me God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment