Sunday, July 11, 2010

Surprise Me: Day 13/30


So....not too much "surprising" about today....wasn't even gonna blog but I know I still have 17 more days to go....can't give up now.  Since I had such a long hard week at work, I was really looking forward to a weekend with my kids....uninterrupted.  I was exhauseted Friday and each day after has just kept draining the life out of me.  I don't have much left to give and that makes me feel guilty.  We went to church today and normally that is my time to recharge....but Maddie was feeling sick and Isaac was tired and both of them were arguing about who was gonna lay on my lap....I just told them to get up and we left.  We came home and I separated them and went to my room and slept for a couple hours.  I just feel drained.  When I got up I did laundry and dishes and cut the grass and dealt more with work issues.  I'm starting to feel like every day is the same....and I know when I start feeling discouraged and feel like every day is the same and nothing will ever change, that is when I need to make some change. 

Isaac hung out in the back yard with his friends and I hung out and watched a movie with Maddie.  I am feelin like goin to bed now...but I promised Maddie I would cuddle with her on the couch and watch another movie.  Isaac's friends are spending the night.  Tonight I am praying for God to surprise me tomorrow with energy, strength for another day, and a positive attitude.  And it will be a surprise if that happens!  BREATHE.....tomorrow is a new day.  Surprise me, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment