Wow. This is the end of the journey of "Surprise Me God"s....it has been so amazing to look back on these last 30 days and see all the different things....emotions...ideas....and people that God has used to surprise me. Amazing.
I think what I take away from this experiment is first of all....a realization that one person truly can make a difference. And I don't mean me. This all started with a little boy who wanted to go to the library....and a mom who grabbed a book while he was grabbing 10. :) A book called Surprise Me by Terri Esau. He planted a seed. Seeds tend to grow into something bigger when given the attention they need. The biggest, most amazing surprise of this whole 30 days....and many more to come, I'm sure....is the magnitude of the impact that one man has had on so many. I can't wait to tell him what he started.
Several years ago I went on a 3 day spiritual retreat for women. At the end of the 3 days, we were asked to reflect on what those 3 days had meant to us....and what we would do with our "Fourth Day"....which would be every day after that 3rd day. Today I am challenged with the question....what will I do with my 31st Day. Every day after this one....I will continue to look for surprises. Because God has opened my eyes to see that each day is full of them if I only pay attention.
Our 31st day is a new day, God. Surprise us! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment