One more day...
This is my all-time favorite picture of Jesus. He's got his head thrown back in laughter. I love it!
I love laughing. I love to hear laughter from other people. There are so many different ways people laugh. My dad's whole body shakes and nothing comes out of his mouth except this wheezing sound. LOL I can hear it now! My brothers both have contagious laughter. My mom's laugh is so loud (and sometimes downright obnoxious - sorry mom! :)) that she is well known for it. My friend Brooke snorts when she laughs really hard....we kinda have that in common, I'm sorry to say. Not quite the most attractive quality! Hahaha. Anyway....it was so awesome today because the 4 of us girls sat back in our office working...and someone would say something funny....we would all laugh. I laughed so hard at one point there were tears streaming down my cheeks. I put something in Amy's desk on one of her client's books and she found it today and we all laughed about that. At different points during the day, one of us would say something and someone else would pick up on a word that was said and just burst out into spontaneous song. At one point after a burst of song and laughter, Brooke said, "I love you guys!" And it's so true. We are a little family back there. We support each other and love each other....and laugh together. Today was a much needed break from stress while working that was replaced with joyful working. Thank You, God. :)
Isaac was playing with his friend outside on the trampoline this evening and Maddie wasn't feeling too well so she stayed in the house. I asked her if she wanted me to play a game with her or lay with her and watch TV or something. She wanted me to watch Extreme Home Makeover. Again. Second time this week. SERIOUSLY?!?!? Man, that kid's gonna be the death of me. LOL So....yeah, I watched it with her. And either it's the lack of sleep that made me weepy or this one was one of the most emotional episodes I have ever seen.....but I cried through almost the whole thing! Thanks, Mad!
On second thought, I think it just touched me more than usual because it was about a family with a child with mental and physical disabilites. They couldn't adequately care for him in the house they had. In addition to that, the boy's mother had tried to get him on a baseball league of some kind and he was turned away because of his disability. So she started her own ball league and called it Dream Catchers. Amazing. Here was an adult helping a little girl with Down Syndrome hit a ball off a tee and cheering as she ran to first base. Another adult helped a child in a wheelchair hit the ball and ran the bases with him, pushing the chair. The smiles on these kids' faces and look of accomplishment they had was absolutely priceless. That woman has no idea of the magnitude of what she has done by starting that league for kids who never could have realized their potential otherwise. They can play at their own level....and be as normal as they can be...and get recognized for it and loved through it all. Just amazing to me. The hearts that some people have and the drive to make the world a better place. It's humbling and inspiring. At the end of the episode tonight, the family of the boy with cerebral palsy who needed a renovated home got a brand new home....their home was donated to someone else who was less fortunate...their mortgage was paid in full....and the young boy got a room of his own and an accessible home so that his mother didn't have to worry that she couldn't care for him well. Now THAT is grace. What a blessing. And a well-deserved one at that.
Tomorrow is a new day. And it's the last day of the 30. Surprise us, God.

No comments:
Post a Comment