This morning, first thing, I had a team meeting for one of my clients at her job. I know I'm probably not supposed to have favorites....and maybe no one would guess she is my favorite because she is the most difficult, time consuming case there is....but she is my favorite. :) She had earned something she had been waiting a month for....and you should have seen the excitement. She just lit up like a Christmas tree. That was a beautiful sight. And it touched my heart because she called later to thank me....when it was she who had earned it. God bless her heart. So precious. Right after that, I went to go see another of my clients at his job, just to check in and talk about some things and see if he had any issues he needed to talk about. This is what my job is all about. The people we serve. I love it. It's SO my heart to do what I do. I just get caught up in the other stuff...the employee issues...and let the joy of what I just described escape me. Today I was reminded of why I do what I do.
My supervisor has known that I am struggling with being overloaded....we all are. Our division is growing and we are taking on more than we can handle and still do a good job. So today she changed some things that will greatly alleviate the stress that I have been feeling and I know that will enable me to do my job more effectively and bring the passion and heart back into what I do for my clients. That was really surprising. A lot has changed today.
On my way home, a friend of mine called and asked if I wanted to meet him and his son for dinner. I had some things to do and they were busy at the toy store (SUCKER :)) so I told him I would call him when I was done and let him know if I could make it. I ended up meeting them and visiting for a while. That was nice. :)
Twice today, my best friend called me....usually we are lucky if we get a chance to talk once a day (which is how often we used to talk) because he is in his busy season at work. It was nice to talk to him and even nicer because he has the day off and isn't used to that....he was rested and happy. It was so good to hear. For months now, we have been talking about planning a trip to our hometown, Canton, to just hang out the two of us....and go visit all the places we love. Tonight we kind of finalized some dates and he was looking at flights. It's always so nice to see him and I am excited to be able to do that for a weekend. Two of the places we are definitely going....PIZZA OVEN (best pizza in the world) and Milk N Honey (best peanut butter cup ice cream in the world) :)
Last but certainly not least, I was surprised by my beautiful, growing-up-before-my-eyes daughter....who instant messaged me when I was on Facebook tonight. She was being so funny....and we were laughing together. I love that kid! :) She taught me how to make a shark and a penguin by using some different symbols together on the keyboard. The first time I tried to make the penguin I typed the wrong thing and it didn't work and she was laughing so hard at me. I can't believe my daughter is teaching me this stuff! But it's fun....and I like it like that. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment