Saturday, July 03, 2010

Surprise Me: Day 6/30


Seemingly NOT a day of surprises.  Kids arguing all morning.  Sad cuz I won't have em for 5 days in a row while they are at their dad's for a long weekend.  Um....how do those two sentences make sense together?  LOL  And I'm still anxious about the same thing that's been bothering me for a few days.

But...I came home and went tanning for me.  I had stopped and got gas first...after tanning I called the person who has been making me feel anxious and decided not to bring anything up that was significant.  I went to my favorite watering hole and before I went in, I realized the credit card I had used to get gas earlier was missing.  The clerk inside the gas station had it.  Praise God - there are still some honest people out there...and God surprised me...definitely. :) 

I pulled back up to my watering hole and on my way in, I saw an older man I had met there a few times before.  We started talking about his daughter.  He showed me a picture of her and said that she died in 2000 - she was 30.  Wow.  He got all choked up - got out her picture again - and talked about what a good heart she had.  I saw a cross around his neck and asked him if he believed he'd see her again.  He said what do you think?  I said, "If she was a believer and if you are - yes."  Over the next few moments, I witnessed about Jesus to a man in a bar.  I ministered to his broken heart.  God had given me an opportunity I would never have imagined He would give me.  What a surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment