Today was hard at times...I struggled with anxiety over some things...but here's the good stuff :)
The kids got along unbelievably well today again - on the way to school and all evening. This afternoon, my supervisor suggested all the PCs get together with her and go to lunch. It's rare that I don't eat lunch at my desk. Someone told me recently that's not a good thing. I agree. I determine to get out for lunch more...even if it's taking a walk around the building. Anyway, it was so nice to get out with all my girls...and not talk about work...and just enjoy each other's company.
I made steaks for dinner....the kids were more interested in strawberries, canteloupe, and watermelon. Then we went to fnd Maddie some Silly Bandz....who knew??? :) We went to Dairy Queen to get ice cream on the way home....and as we were coming to a light, we saw a turtle crossing the busy road. Maddie said, "God surprised us!" I am loving hearing her say that!
I was feelin sad today so I call my best friend and another friend of mine. It did my heart good to hear that my friend in Las Vegas has been doin a lot better than he has been. He has been hating his job, so it's nice to hear him being positive about work. Another friend of mine has told me today that I have helped him with his marriage and told mewhat he has learned from me. Wow...that's awesome to hear.
I mailed my friend with cancer the letter and my testimony today....and asked several people to pray for both of us....I'm a little anxious about what his reaction will be...but whatever the reaction, I know I just did what I shoulda done.
I taught Maddie and Isaac and Tyler and Christian a new game today. The car game. My brothers and our friends used to play it when we were kids. So....sittin on the front porch steps...and each of us picked a number between 1 and 5. So the first car that drove past us would "belong" to the person who picked number one, etc. We were laughin at the hooptys :), cheerin at the nice cars, and laughed SO HARD when Maddie's car was a bicycle! Hahahaha That so brought back good memories from my childhood...it was so nice to be able to share that with my kids.
Maddie laid across my bed tonight while I started journaling and said, "How did God surprise you today? Other than the turtle?!" I told her a few things and ended with, "It was overall a pretty ordinary day." I told her to get to bed, went in to tuck her in, and just so happened to look in her hamster's cage. I saw the tiniest little pink thing wriggling around in the bedding....Sandy had babies! We didn't even know she was pregnant! We were both laughing and jumping up and down and hugging each other (um....I know they're just hamsters but at the time it was pretty darn exciting! :)) Anyway, Maddie laughed and said, "God surprised us!"
I found out today that someone who I went to youth group and church camp with just died in a car accident. I had run into her down here in Columbus a couple years ago and we talked and caught up. It was nice to see her so happy. I had no idea that would be the last time I would ever see her. So tonight I talked to the kids about that....you never know when it will be the last time you see someone...so always end things well, say good things when you think them, and make sure you tell people about Jesus cuz you may be the only person who does....and makes a difference in where they go when they die. I talked to them about my friend with cancer too. They knew I wrote that letter to him. We talked a lot about Heaven and Hell. It was good. They asked a lot of really good questions. When I was reading Isaac's devotion to him tonight before bed, I realized it was a prayer to God to help him have the courage to tell others about Jesus. Amen! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment