I am a believer and follower of Christ, and a mom to my three wonderful kids. I have a passion for loving and encouraging and blessing others whenever the opportunity comes around...but usually I am the one who gets blessed. :)
Monday, July 05, 2010
Surprise Me: Day 7/30
My friend Kevin went to church with us this morning. He has recently moved to my side of town and is looking for a church home. It was nice to have him there. It was a very good service - good worship and good message - very creatively delivered. Apparently it wasn't intersesting to everyone...Isaac fell asleep on my lap - he who never sleeps :) He looked like an angel for about 30 minutes. That was a surprise in itself!
We got home after church and all of us were exhausted. The kids laid down to watch some TV and I pushed past that exhaustion and cleaned the house. It's such a stress reliever for me and actually energized me. I felt better when I was done. :)
My mom called and said she would be down to visit around 5pm and would stay to visit with the kids and I until tomorrow evening. She got to town and we went to dinner and spent the evening hanging out with the kids. I jumped on the trampoline with them....that's always fun. When the kids went to bed, my mom and I had a very difficult conversation - the subject of which has been eating away at me for months. What I had to say was very well received and I feel a load off of my mind, and I have a new direction for things that I knew I needed to do differently. I didn't expect this positive response. Thank You, God....for surprising me. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment