Day Two
I read a message response today from a mutual friend of the friend of mine who has cancer. I had told him I felt God nudging me to be a witness to my sick friend. He responded that I shouldn't take the whole burden on myself and that he would be praying for God to open a window for me. He encouraged me to just share my testimony with my friend and that may open a door. That was encouraging.
I have really been struggling with a relationship with someone in my life who keeps pushing me away and then coming back to me when it's convenient. It has made me sad, but today I feel a peace that God is in control and He knows what is best.
Church was on prayer and healing today, the power of God in and through us. It's real. Healing is happening all over the world, especially in 3rd world countries, but many pastors here tell us that miraculous healing just doesn't happen anymore. But it does. It was very encouraging and gave me the encouragment I needed to talk to my sick friend.
I was feeling kinda lonely today, even with a yard full of kids. I had a lot of housework to do, but I decided to sit out front and read the "Surprise Me" God book. After a while, my neighbor and her grandkids came out. The kids all played together while my neighbor and I talked. I really needed that adult conversation...and God surprised me with it. :)
We picked up Maddie's best friend, who is like a second daughter to me, and went to go get a slip-n-slide for the kids since it was so hot out. Of course, the whole neighborhood came over, which I consider a ministry in itself. A lot of these kids don't have good home lives, and they don't receive unconditional love or even positive attention for that matter...and I can give them that.
We were going to use our neighbor's hose for the slip-n-slide because the nozzle on ours wouldn't come off. I had forgotten that a week or two ago, my neighbor had asked me to get the spray nozzle off of her hose and I couldn't. The kids couldn't get it off. They tried everything and then they asked me. I told Maddie (I had shared with her last night about the book I'm reading) that I had tried already and they had tried, so unless God was going to surprise us, it wasn't coming off. Maddie said, "Surprise us, God." I finished making dinner and Maddie stirred a pot on the stove while I went to go give it one last try with the hose. It came off on the first try - with no effort - it was actually LOOSE! I told Maddie and her best friend and their jaws dropped. I thank God for that witness to Maddie's friend who does not know Him.
Tonight before bed, Isaac was really nauseous. Sometimes I see him having unexplained pain like I have. Unexplained nausea comes with it. But it doesn't have to. I refused to accept it the last time I felt intense nausea and asked for prayer last week at church. I haven't been nauseous since. I asked Isaac if he wanted prayer and he said yes. I laid my hands on him and prayed for realease from the nausea and asked God to help Isaac believe that He could heal him. When I was done, he had a sweet little smile curling up the corners of his lips. I asked him if he felt the nausea leave him and he said yes. I praise God for His healing power and His ability to use even the simplest of people to be the vessel used for it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment