I recently got a book at the library called Surprise Me by Terry Esau. Never heard of the guy...but the title intrigued me...the subtitle was something like, A 30 Day Faith journey. I looked at it for a minute before deciding to get it and go (Isaac had already accumulated about 10 books on animals at that point and I wanted to escape before he found more)!
So I get home and start reading it...and it's really kinda interesting. This ordinary guy decides to just pray, "Surprise Me, God" each day....nothing else...for 30 days. He records each day's events for those 30 days in a journal...which has become the book. So I decided that while I am reading the book, I will do the same thing. Here goes....
Day One
Typical Saturday with the kids - not too much out of the ordinary I don't think. I'm wondering if this experiment will have God surprising me or if it will simply make me pay more attention to the everyday blessings He already gives.
Saw a hummingbird while we were outside. It was so tiny - over by Joyce's front steps. The kids had gotten out their razor spark scooters they got for Christmas and rode em for the first time. They had fun :) Isaac played with Terry and Christian. Maddie and I made a craft together. Isaac called me a "Mega Angel" :) I got a lot accomplished today, which always makes me feel good. Isaac and I sat in chairs in the driveway watching Christian and Maddie on their scooters and the ice cream truck came by. We all got ice cream and stood there talking and eating in the sun :)
God has brought an old co-worker into my life who has cancer. Today I felt God nudging me to witness to him. I don't feel equipped. I'm praying I will feel equipped - but I know it doesn't hinge on my obedience. I've gotta do it.
Day Two comin up.....

No comments:
Post a Comment