Thursday, May 20, 2010

Redneck Remedy


When it started getting warmer outside, we started getting big black ants in the kitchen.  Sometimes I would see 1 or 2 a day, sometimes more.  But I HATE bugs in my house and even if it was one ant, it still freaks me out.  So I got out the heavy duty bug spray :) and sprayed all over in the kitchen and dining room.  That oughtta fix those suckers! 

My mom had come down to spend the day with the kids around this time.  They were off school for a day and she was here with them while I was at work.  When I got home, I went to the kitchen to start making dinner, and noticed a piece of cereal on the floor in the corner of the kitchen.  I went to pick it up and realized it was stuck to the sticky side of a piece of duct tape.  What the heck???  I thought maybe somebody had dropped the tape and a piece of cereal accidentally landed on it.....although that really seemed unlikely.  I put it on the counter and turned the overhead stove light on to get a better look at it and I saw someone had drawn two black dots on either side of the piece of cereal.  Then it dawned on me.....someone had made a hillbilly ant trap!!!!  LOL  The closer I looked at the trap, the more I began to see those black dots I thought someone had drawn on there with a marker were ANTS!!!!  Ants....all squished up and stuck to the tape!  OMG....it worked!  Hahahaha  I asked the kids who did that and Maddie quickly piped up, "I did!"  Man.....ingenious idea!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment