Today I met with a new client and his team to kind of do introductions and get to know him a little bit and for him to ask us questions so he felt a little more in control of a situation he has little control over. His team felt it was best for him to get a new provider. And that means new staff too. And he is moving. And change is hard for anyone, so I totally supported having this meeting. But I have come to see most meetings as kind of a setback to my day. I have stuff piled on my desk that needs done...phone calls and text messages to return...and any time I leave my desk to even go to the bathroom and come back I have 15 unread emails...so imagine leaving for a couple of hours. So to say the least, I was dreading this meeting today. God always brings me back to center when I meet or visit with one of the individuals we serve,,,and I realize THIS is what my job is all about...not paperwork...and it never fails to shock me back to reality. I had a great time meeting this new client and talking to him and his team. I laughed. He is a funny guy. And I am going to enjoy getting to know him.
Most days when I leave work, all I want to do is go home and relax...and I can rarely do that with 3 kids in the house. But tonight I would have been able to...and even go to bed early if I wanted to! But a friend bought me a ticket to a Chonda Pierce concert, and she had invited 4 other friends, so I thought I would go ahead and enjoy a night out with the girls. Chonda is a Christian comedian who has been named the top selling female comedian in history. That's pretty cool! The concert was great...she had all of us laughing and crying and just appreciating life and those around us by sharing her stories and jokes. It was a nice night spent with old and new friends...and some good clean fun. Thanks to the generosity of a friend who thought of me.
Tomorrow's a new day. Surprise me, God.
1 comment:
I always love spending time with you girl! So glad you decided to come.
Post a Comment