Friday, October 09, 2015

Surprise Me God- Day 17

Image result for grateful

It was about 4 a.m. this morning when I woke up and the headache I had the night before was pounding behind my eyes and my forehead.  I got up and did what I knew I needed to do to help but I was still laying there in pain for another 2 hours.  I got up again, ready to just start my day.  I had to be at work for two morning meetings and I thought to myself that if my head still hurt that bad after the meetings, I would just come home and go to bed...even though I would get so much further behind at work.  I just didn't think I could make it through the day.  I took some medicine and figured out how late I could possibly leave to still make it to my first meeting on time....and I laid back down to sleep until then.  When I woke up, I felt 100% better.  I cannot tell you how grateful I was for that.  For those of you who have never experienced chronic and acute pain, I am not sure how to describe how much energy it takes to fight through the pain...to try to stay positive....to wonder when it will end when there is no end in sight....to try to remain kind to others...to try to get done the things you know you are responsible for...even to just lay there and do nothing but exist in spite of the pain.  It's just very draining.  And the pain colors your whole world grey.  When that pain is lifted, everything is bright and colorful again...through the fresh eyes of gratitude.  Thank You, God.

I took part in a meeting today that was total damage control.  The mother of one of my clients had gotten very frustrated with the turnover in staff and had some fears that things would not be handled well because that was all her past experience had taught her.  Two other members of our management team and me went to her home and just listened to her.  I had talked to her many times on the phone and I had really grown to like her.  This was my first time meeting her in person.  She is really a sweet woman, and her fears are understandable.  She has not been trying to be difficult, as I had thought before this meeting.  I saw her for who she was afterwards....a mother who wants the best for her child (just like most mothers do) and who is only needing reassurance that she will have the help she needs for him.  I was happy that I could be a part of the solution to the problems she has had in the past.

I had the best time with Axton tonight.  I had been looking forward to seeing him tonight and hoping that he was feeling better.  He is, and although I think he won't be totally healed for several more days, he is on his way to healing and feeling much better in just a day and a half.  I am hopeful.  And I am grateful for medicine and for God's healing touch.  

Tomorrow is a new day, God.  Surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment