I woke up early this morning with a bad migraine but a few hours later, it was gone. That is a huge blessing to me...because there have been times in the past when I've been in bed for a few days with the pain. Pain for only a few hours is a huge blessing!!!!
I had a breakfast date with two of my favorite ladies and I was so happy to be able to keep that appointment because I was feeling better. We enjoyed our time together. I always do. After breakfast I came home and took a nap! That was amazing!!!
I had a huge mess at work from moving my office to a different room...and I kept thinking...Monday is payroll day and I will be so busy I won't be able to organize my office...I have to do it this weekend. After my nap, I felt great...so I headed to the office to clean it and organize things and then work a little. Well...working a little turned into a full day. But I got SO MUCH DONE that had just been piling up...it had really been bothering me...and I felt so much relief when it was done...because come Monday I can focus on the normal Monday things and not have to worry about the growing stack of lesser priorities. That is a great feeling!
One of my co-workers pulled a muscle in her shoulder and had to go to a rehab facility for a little while because it was so bad. She has been bored and I am sure she has been a little down. Friends and other people we work with, her boyfriend, her family...have all been calling, texting, visiting...I am sure that has really helped her. Before I left the house today, I cut some purple flowers from my flower beds and put them in a little purple vase and took them with me to work. After I left work, I called her to see if she wanted a visitor and headed over there. I brought her flowers in and set them beside the purple and white roses her boyfriend gave her...and next to the cute purple "I love you" balloon (what do you think her favorite color might be?) and gave her a hug. We sat and talked and laughed and shared some stories for a while before I hugged her again and left. What a blessing this young woman is to me. She has lifted my spirits on more days than I can count. And she just did it again. What a precious person she is.
Thank you, Lord. Today was a good day. Tomorrow is a new one....surprise me, God!

No comments:
Post a Comment