Saturday, October 10, 2015

Surprise Me God- Day 18


When Axton woke up this morning, he was feeling so much better and his skin looked great.  What a load off my mind.  I am so thankful for medicine, the power of prayer, and God's healing touch.

Maddie and Axton and I went to go pick up Maddie's friend Gabby and bring her back to the house.  She was going to spend the night, and since we had plans to go to Dill's Greenhouse today for their Fall Festival, she was going to go with us to that too.  Maddie made a request for something she really likes to eat, so I made that for lunch and I put Axton down for a nap.  After I cleaned up lunch and put in a load of laundry, I tried to lay down too because I was so tired.  I am so thankful when I get to take a nap....let me tell you!  :)  It was really nice.  The 3 older kids get along so well together and they hung out for a couple hours.  When Axton woke up, we all left for Dill's.

This place is like a tradition for us to go to every year.  We go on a hayride, pick out our pumpkins, get our faces painted, see the animals, play games...but most of all we love the corn box.  It's way better than a sandbox.  It's just really fun to play in!  Axton was able to enjoy more of it this year than he did last year.  He is just at a really fun age.  Gabby loves him so much and she is really good with him.  She is such a sweet and fun and polite young lady...I am always happy to have her over and consider her one of my own.  It's a blessing to know Maddie has such a good friend who is a light in her life.

When we got home, we made a fire in the fire pit and made dinner and laughed some more.  The kids talked about their pumpkins and how they planned on decorating them, how they were going to dress up for Halloween, we shared pictures we had taken today and just enjoyed each others' company.  I love days like today when memories are made.  I love providing opportunities for my kids to create fun memories of their childhood that will last forever.  What a blessing to share the day with these 4 special and unique young lives.

Tomorrow is a new day, God.  Surprise me....



No comments:

Post a Comment