Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Surprise Me God- Day 29

Image result for fall trees

All I wanted to do most of the day was leave work and go get Axton and go home.  So when 5:00 hit, that is what I did.  I talked to a friend most of the way home, grabbed the boy, and went home.  I took a different way home and as I was pulling up to the house, I saw red and orange leaves on the trees on either side of the road, making like a canopy over the car.  This is my favorite season, and that is one of the biggest reasons why...I love those colors.  So beautiful.  I made it in time to see the other two before they left with their dad.  He and I talked in the driveway for a few minutes.  Cordially.  And that is a huge deal.  We talked about each of the kids and some health issues both of them are having and made a plan to deal with them.  He made a couple jokes and we all laughed.  I hugged and kissed the kids and they left.  

Before Maddie left, she had gotten Axton a popsicle...the kind that comes in the clear plastic sleeve...it was green.  He loves those things.  They make me want to gag they're so sweet!  He was walking around with the popsicle and doing a pretty good job of pushing it up on his own and eating.  Next thing I know, he had taken it out of the plastic, thrown the plastic in the trash, and had the popsicle in his hand.  He continued eating it and it was dripping all over the hardwood floor and leaving a trail wherever he went.  I showed him how to make less of a mess but he wasn't having it...and I was picking my battles...and just followed behind him with the mop for a couple minutes until he was done.  That was some funny stuff!

I had leftovers from last night in the fridge so I just heated them up for us.  After I was done eating, I put his plate on the coffee table and took him out of his highchair to let him stand there and feed himself while I cleaned up dinner.  The kid hates to sit and eat.  I came back into the living room after being in the kitchen for maybe 60 seconds...and there was a pile of peas on the couch.  I think he was trying to feed the dog.  That kid....geez.  But I couldn't help but laugh.  And try not to let him see me.

Our routine before bed is I ask him if he wants to lay in mommy's bed and he says yes.  I turn the lights off and he asks for the TV and fan to be turned on.  He lays there cuddling with me for a few minutes and then I put him in bed.  I love that time.  Precious memories.  

I needed all of this....it was really calming and relaxing and stress-free.  Hard to imagine I can say that about time spent with my toddler!  :)

Tomorrow is a new day, God.  Surprise me.


No comments:

Post a Comment