
This morning, Isaac was in the bathroom with Axton and all of a sudden, he came running into my bedroom...eyes wide...yelling, "Mommy! You have GOT TO SEE THIS!!!! Come in here!!!" He ran back into the bathroom and I hurried after him, wondering what was so amazing that I had to see right then! He showed me the tube of cuticle lotion I have in the bathroom and he said, "DO YOU SEE WHAT THIS SAYS AT THE TOP???" I said, "Onsen?" He said, YES!!! AXTON SAID IT!!! HE READ IT RIGHT OFF THE TUBE!!! Here, Axton....read this!!!" And he held the tube up to Axton and asked him again what it was. Axton just stared at him....he only answers questions on his time. :) I was like......what???? For a second I couldn't understand why he would think that Axton could read. And then it hit me...Axton says "lotion"...and he says a lot of other things...his vocabulary just blows us away. But when he says "lotion" it sounds like "onsen." I laughed so hard I was doubled over and almost in tears...I told Isaac that Axton was saying "lotion" and the look on his face was across between disappointment that Axton really couldn't read....and relief that we didn't have some freak of nature on our hands! Hahaha!!!
I had all 3 kids and one of Maddie's best friends with me in church today. The message was good and it really hit home with me. I sometimes feel out of control if I don't know what is next in life...where I am going, where God is leading me...what is in store for me when I get there...what it will take to get me there...how much pain I will have to endure...how long it will take...yeah, I'm a planner. And that costs me sometimes. It costs me peace. I was convicted today and reminded that God is not so much interested in the destination, but the journey. The journey is how we grow. Sometimes my focus is on all the wrong things. I was also reminded today to seek and trust God for things and not to rely on myself for everything. I feel like life just flies by so fast, and there are so many decisions to make, and I need to make them because it's just me and my kids. I don't like making decisions, but I feel like I have to. I feel pressure to decide tons of things each day. Some decisions are little...some are big....so...sometimes I mess up a little...and sometimes I mess up big...if I don't rely on God to show me what the best decision is. Today I made a fresh commitment to consult God on the decisions I need to make for my life and the lives of my children.
All of the kids and Gabby decorated their pumpkins today. Axton was covered in paint from head to toe. I took Isaac shopping for some things that he really wanted . It was nice to spend time with him. Axton felt much better again today....and that is a great thing to see. Maddie said something to so funny at dinner and I won't embarrass her by posting it...but I laughed so hard and so did she! It was nice to start and end the day with laughter. These kids are the best at making me happy and keeping me laughing. :)
Tomorrow's a new day. Surprise me, God.
I had all 3 kids and one of Maddie's best friends with me in church today. The message was good and it really hit home with me. I sometimes feel out of control if I don't know what is next in life...where I am going, where God is leading me...what is in store for me when I get there...what it will take to get me there...how much pain I will have to endure...how long it will take...yeah, I'm a planner. And that costs me sometimes. It costs me peace. I was convicted today and reminded that God is not so much interested in the destination, but the journey. The journey is how we grow. Sometimes my focus is on all the wrong things. I was also reminded today to seek and trust God for things and not to rely on myself for everything. I feel like life just flies by so fast, and there are so many decisions to make, and I need to make them because it's just me and my kids. I don't like making decisions, but I feel like I have to. I feel pressure to decide tons of things each day. Some decisions are little...some are big....so...sometimes I mess up a little...and sometimes I mess up big...if I don't rely on God to show me what the best decision is. Today I made a fresh commitment to consult God on the decisions I need to make for my life and the lives of my children.
All of the kids and Gabby decorated their pumpkins today. Axton was covered in paint from head to toe. I took Isaac shopping for some things that he really wanted . It was nice to spend time with him. Axton felt much better again today....and that is a great thing to see. Maddie said something to so funny at dinner and I won't embarrass her by posting it...but I laughed so hard and so did she! It was nice to start and end the day with laughter. These kids are the best at making me happy and keeping me laughing. :)
Tomorrow's a new day. Surprise me, God.
No comments:
Post a Comment