The message this morning at church was about relationship...with God and with others...but the focus was on our relationship with God. How do we build on it...how do we nurture it and help it grow? Any relationship we have takes work of some kind to keep the relationship growing. If it's one-sided, that's really not a fulfilling relationship...it takes two who are both committed to working on it. Our relationship with God is no different. So as we were going through and talking about the things that we need to do to nurture our relationship with God, I was convicted that I don't put as much energy into that relationship as I should. The blessing in that is...I have the freedom to change that. The enemy uses guilt and shame...but the Holy Spirit uses conviction...and it is gentle...and always leaves us with a choice....we are never forced to do anything we don't want to do. That is just so freeing to me. I thank God for reminding me today of ways that I can grow closer to Him...and for His grace to help me do that.
I did some things around the house today and took a short nap (always a blessing!) and drove over to my friend Kevin's house to pick him up. We went to a farm market in Canal Winchester. He saw it on Facebook and wanted to check it out. This place was really cool! They have a butcher shop with all different kinds of meat...lamb and bison, beef and chicken and pork...but there were so many other things there. We both agreed we could spend a lot of time and money in that little place. It was just so cool. We will definitely be back.
We drove to get Axton and on the way, we caught up on each others' lives since we really haven't gotten together in a while. I have missed him and it was great to hang out together for a while. The ride home was great...Axton is so entertaining. :) Heading west around 7-ish, there was a sunset ahead. So beautiful. That was God's "goodnight."
Thank You for friends, Lord...and for my children...they are all such blessings...and each of them adds a richness to my life that I will always treasure.
Tomorrow's a new day. Surprise me, God.
No comments:
Post a Comment