This morning I dropped Goldie off at the groomers and went in to work early. When I got there, I noticed a piece of paper on my chair...with a sticky note on there from a co-worker and friend telling me my blogs bless her daily and sharing a devotional that made her think of me. That was a beautiful, encouraging way to start my day. What a surprise and a blessing that was.
There are some vacant offices at work and I moved into one of those this morning in order to be closer to my team. Even as I type this, I still have clutter all over my desk and files stacked on the floor. I didn't have time to organize everything because I was literally in meetings all day...a meeting with HR to brainstorm ideas of how to get employees to comply with hiring processes and keeping their certifications up to date...another meeting with my team to address recent concerns...a meeting with a new client (he is really cool and I really enjoyed meeting him)...another meeting with new members of our team to address concerns...lots of meetings, but they were all productive...and that makes them good meetings. :)
I left the last meeting and picked a friend of mine up, and we drove to get Goldie and run an errand together. As simple as that was, that time was a blessing to me.
A simple day, full of simple things...simple blessings.
Tomorrow's a new day. Surprise me, God.
No comments:
Post a Comment