So this is yesterday's post...because I was so tired last night after a full day that I figured I would write yesterday's and today's surprises on the same day. :)
Yesterday morning I was in my kitchen getting some coffee and packing up getting ready to go to work and (who knows how my thoughts get triggered because there is no way emptying the dishwasher should have prompted any of this!) a friend of mine popped into my head. I haven't talked to her in a long time...haven't seen her in longer...but she has been my friend for years and always will be, I think. I think of her from time to time and my kids still ask about her. Life has just gone so fast and we haven't really made time to see each other. Later when I was at work, I got a message from this friend asking me how we were doing and letting me know how her family is doing. Lots of good stuff. There has been some sadness in their lives since we have last talked, and sadness in my family's lives too...but the good far outweighs the bad. I don't think that it was a coincidence that we were both thinking of each other at the same time. I think that was a God-incidence. And I think it's not meant for us to catch up in texts and then not talk for months again. I am going to try to make it a point to at least get our kids together and for all of us to visit and catch up for a bit.
I heard from another friend over the last two days that I haven't seen in a while. We have been exchanging messages too, kind of catching up. There have been times when I have really been worried about her because mentally she has been in a really dark place. But she is doing amazingly well right now, and has implemented some very positive things in her life that have really done her a lot of good, it seems. I am so happy for her. We always say we will do lunch and that never happens. So I am going to try to set up a lunch date with her and stick to it...and hope she does too.
Another friend of mine went with me last night to go get Axton. Our routine is we stop in Buckeye Lake for pizza and pop and then head to get him...we talk and catch up and just have some girl time. She came in when we got home and stayed talking and hanging out for a while. I felt that God had a positive message for me to give her, so I did. And I pray that she really takes that to heart and realizes the depth of His love for her.
Before I left work last night (I was packing up and getting ready to leave because I had to get Axton and was on a strict schedule to make it there on time), one of my co-workers came in with one of her staff to ask my advice. I listened to this woman's story, and realized it had a lot of similarities to mine. I am sure that is why my co-worker brought her to me. I was able to give her some advice based on things I had been through and facts I had as well to tell her and hopefully help. I am not sure what I said helped her much. She was grateful for the information. But it felt so good being able to help someone else, at least a little bit. And I felt really humbled that my co-worker would think of me and bring someone to me for wisdom and advice. God uses our junk to help others going through similar things. I don't want to waste it. It made me realize, once again, that even the bad stuff that happens in life has a purpose...if we will just keep our eyes open for opportunities to let what the devil meant for evil be turned to good by Jesus.
Tomorrow (today) is a new day....surprise me, God!
No comments:
Post a Comment