Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Surprise Me God- Day 8

Image result for God-incidences

I had a medical appointment today...a follow-up with my endocrinologist to get an ultrasound.  A couple of years ago, she found a mass on my thyroid and thought it might be cancer.  I had to go back and get a biopsy...NOT FUN when they have to stick you in the neck multiple times deep into the tissue and into your thyroid to take pieces of it out to test!  Yeah....that was about as fun as it sounds! She didn't get enough tissue to know for sure if it was cancer...the result was inconclusive.  So every 6 months after that I had to get an ultrasound.  Last year I graduated to getting to have this done only yearly.  Today was my annual ultrasound date, so I drove there, only to realize that they didn't take my insurance which had changed in January.  I didn't even think to ask because it's a major insurance provider and my thinking was...who doesn't take this insurance???  But I guess she doesn't.  So I cancelled my appointment and went back to work.  They did give me names and numbers of other endocrinologists in the Columbus area and a release of information paper to sign so they could release my records to whomever I chose.  That was helpful.

On my way back to work, I figured I would call about a medical bill I received for an ultrasound on my breast from February....back then I had found a lump on my breast and the tests they ran came back abnormal.  They did an ultrasound to see if it was cancer...and it wasn't.  Thank God!!!!  Anyway...back to the bill.  So I called about this bill because it didn't make sense and I wanted to make sure they billed the right insurance company.  They said they billed the insurance company I had prior to January...which would not have been correct...and the bill was paid 100% by the insurance company I wasn't even insured with at the time!  What?!?!?  I texted my friend in HR at work and she said that I would not have been covered by the old policy at the time.  I said, well it must be a miracle of God then...because that just never should have been able to happen.  But God is in the miracle business.  And He shows up every now and then.  :)

Tomorrow's a new day, God.  Surprise me please!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment