
Mondays are payroll days at work...busy, busy, busy. Like shut my door, don't answer the phone busy. And it's stressful because there are deadlines. And so many people want something on Mondays....weird how that works! It's really strange (yet not so strange because this is what Surprise Me God is all about) that today I kept my door open, answered the phone when it rang most of the time (but it barely rang) and I helped whoever came to me for help....and I didn't get stressed out. I had a really good day. One of my staff came in as usual to drop off her timesheets for the week. She asked me how my weekend was and I told her it was really nice, and that I got to spend time with my kids and relax. She started to walk out and I asked her how hers was. Normally I will ask someone that, but usually not on a Monday...I will tell myself I don't have time to talk. I really like this lady, and maybe that had something to do with why I asked, but regardless of the reason...I am glad I did. She told me her weekend was busy. And then went on to tell me that my client's mother, who has dementia, is now bed bound. This woman spends most of her free time taking care of my client's mother after she is done working with him. She isn't getting paid for this. She just has it in her heart to make sure this woman is well taken care of and she has taken it on herself to do that. I got tears in my eyes just listening to her. What a heart she has. I told her I would try to help her get more staffing for the client so she could get some relief and gave her a phone number for someone in our intake department for home health for my client's mother. She thanked me, finished venting, and then told me she was so appreciative that I just sat and listened to her. That is all she needed, she said....and she said that sometimes it helps just to talk about it. I was so humbled and grateful to God that He brought her in there today...and used me...and that He took my focus off of my work so I could focus on the need of someone right in front of me. What a blessing. That made my entire day.
I found out later in the day that someone I love very much got some really good news and is getting some much needed stress relief tonight. It's time to re-evaluate what God wants to do and what direction to go...and there is now time to do that. And for that I am grateful. You know how sometimes you see someone go through one thing after another and you wonder why they are being put to the test so much...and wonder when it will end? Those are the thoughts that have been running through my mind. And I can't help but think that the answer is very close. And I am very thankful for this reprieve...it's much needed.
Thank You for the surprises today...tomorrow is a new day....surprise me, God!
No comments:
Post a Comment