Sunday, September 27, 2015

Surprise Me God- Day 5


This morning at church started out like any other Sunday morning...except we got the opportunity to pick up one of our band members who needed a ride...that was cool. :) Song run-throughs went fine.  We waited for two of our band members who were running late.  When they walked in, we practiced the songs that they had chosen.  There is just something about this young couple that just draws me to them.  I love them so much and they have a special place in my heart.  They have been through an awful lot....they are survivors...and they love Jesus.  They are real and honest and kind of what-you-see-is-what-you-get people...and I find that very refreshing.  That is rare.  The music they sometimes choose comes from a place that they have been to that has been very dark...but they are seeing brighter days...and they can testify that God has been with them all along and has brought them through it all.  He has never forsaken them.  When we were in the midst of the service this morning, and we were singing up there, I just closed my eyes and listened to the voice that sang like an angel standing next to me...and I was just filled with a grateful spirit that I could also sing these words and mean them:

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil thing.  In this life I have found your faithfulness, in this life I have found your grace, God. When my eyes cannot see every single step, and my heart feels unsure again, I remember the strength of your love O God, I hold on to the peace you bring.  I will trust you.  All my hope is found in your love.  I will trust you.  My whole life is found in your love. 
~~~~~~~
You unravel me with a melody.  You surround me with a song....of deliverance from my enemies, til all my fears are gone.  I'm no longer a slave to fear.  I am a child of God.  You split the sea so I could walk right through it.  My fears are drowned in perfect love.  You rescued me so I could stand and sing...I am a child of God.

It feels amazing to know that if God is for me....no one can really be against me.  He's got my back.  He will be my rescuer and I don't have to fear.  I have nothing and no one to fear.  Ever.  I'm His child...and He takes care of His kids.  :)

Today's message at church was all about encouraging each other and how we can...and that God calls us to do that.  He has not created us to be alone.  He has created us to help each other.  So many things our pastor said gave the kids and I food for thought and we have talked about it off and on all day.  They were actually listening!  

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with my kids, running errands for them and grocery shopping for the week.  Isaac went with me to pick up Axton.  Axton's sick and has sores in his mouth and a fever.  Poor little guy.  Although I don't like any of my kids being sick, one thing I do love is that when they are not feeling good I get to pamper them and make sure they feel better.  I cuddled with Axton tonight and we watched Toy Story 2 together.  He loved it.  And when it was time to go to bed, he was ready.  Such a sweet little boy.  I can honestly say I think I have the best kids in the world.  What a blessing today has been.  I think I am ready for another week.  Come on, Monday.  

Tomorrow's a new day, God.  Please surprise me!

No comments:

Post a Comment