Saturday, September 26, 2015

Surprise Me God- Day 4


Today I actually got to sleep in a little...and that's a rare thing...and I was so grateful for that.  I had planned for about a month to take the older kids to a movie this afternoon.  We have been waiting to see the sequel to The Maze Runner and today was the day.  I love having all of my kids together but once in a while it's a very special thing to just have one or two at a time so I can give them more individualized attention.  We had a really nice time together today.  After the movie, I took Maddie to Easton to the Apple store to help her get her iPod fixed.  She was kind of bummed out because they couldn't help her and she has some decisions to make.  This is really her only hobby and now it's pretty much out of commission.  It won't even turn on.  When we got home, I made one of her favorite meals and we all 3 sat on the couch and watched a funny show on TV and ate dinner together.  Laughter helped her feel better.  And encouragement that I will help her some more tomorrow helped her too.  I told her to pray to God and tell Him what she wanted and to believe that He would answer her....and I reminded her that I was doing this 30 day journey.  He still surprises us....we just have to ask and believe and wait for His best for us.

As we were sitting on the couch and laughing together tonight, my work phone had a message come across the screen.  It was from a young lady that has worked at the agency I work for.  She had done some very questionable and unethical things and we had to terminate her employment this past week.  I had set up a time with her for her to come see me so we could talk about everything and she never showed up.  Tonight she sent me a couple of messages asking for my forgiveness for everything she has done, she thanked me for hiring her and giving her a chance at this job, and she told me she thought of me as a mother figure.  Now I am not sure how flattered I am that she would feel like I'm old enough to be her mother!  But I thought the rest of it was pretty cool.  :)  She knows there is no chance she is getting her job back.  It's not that.  She just genuinely wanted to show me her gratitude for the kindness she feels I have shown to her since she was hired.  No strings attached.  That was very unexpected- surprising even- and it did my heart good.

Thank You, God, for the blessings You have given me.  Help me to always be thankful and have a heart of gratitude in spite of my circumstances at the time.  In good times and in bad, please remind me to count my blessings....for they are many.

Tomorrow's a new day.  Surprise me, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment