Thursday, September 24, 2015

Surprise Me God- Day 2


When we first moved into our house 2 1/2 years ago, one of the kids found a tiny little plastic babydoll in the back yard.  She was naked and covered in dirt and about 3 inches tall.  She looked all raggedy but for whatever reason, we kept her and washed her off...and she laid around the house for a while.  We all agreed that she was kind of creepy looking, and I got the idea to hide her somewhere so that when one of the kids found her, she would freak them out.  :)  Somehow this became a game that we continued.  One of us would find the baby, laugh about it, and hide it so someone else would find her...and the process would repeat.  Sometimes it takes a while to find her so there will be weeks in between someone hiding her and someone else finding her.  It's just a fun game just between the older two and I.  More recently it's been Maddie and I going back and forth with our hiding places.  In the hot chocolate box....sitting next to the TV in my room...in a box of flushable wipes...in a shoe....and the list goes on...it's just good clean fun.  :)

Last night as I was laying in bed after I wrote the Day 1 blog, I picked up my work phone and was looking at my wallpaper on the lock screen....this is the picture that I had there.  I love my kids.   They all have such personality and each one is unique...and they each make me smile and laugh multiple times in a day.  They give me such joy.  So I was looking at this picture....and all of a sudden I started laughing so hard!!!  Because what did I see???  The baby.  Check it out.  See if you can find her.  I think I laughed out loud for a good couple of minutes.  And then, even though it was really late, I sent the picture to Maddie's iPod while she was at her dad's and asked her what she saw....and she texted me back that she was laughing so hard and that it totally made her day.  I fell asleep with a smile on my face.  :)

Today I had a long, busy, stressful day.  But one of my meetings was with our agency's Home Managers...and I enjoyed it.  I love the people I work with.  And we had a chance to brainstorm and come together as a team on some things and show support to one another.  I love that part of my job.  My last meeting was with a new client of mine.  I met her and her sister, her daughter, and her Home Manager for the first time.  She will become my client on the 1st of October, so I wanted to introduce myself and answer any questions they may have had.  It was such a blessing to meet this woman.  She is very sweet and was just a breath of fresh air after the day I had.  As I was leaving, she took my hand, put it up to her lips and kissed my hand.  How precious.  That made my day.  

I rushed home, hoping to see my kids before they went to their dad's for the night and I got to see them for a few minutes.  I was talking to Maddie and noticed a notification on my phone.  She had tagged me in a picture of an ice cube tray with plastic babies in each hole!  We both laughed so hard.  
This is the good stuff that life is made of.  I love it.

Tomorrow is a new day.  Surprise me, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment