
More meetings today. One meeting with my team, two house meetings, and a meeting with a new client. That meant I didn't get much time at all over the last 2 days to get any work done, but it was needed for me to be present at these meetings. And I was blessed because I enjoy my job and I really like the people I work with. I work with such a variety of people from different countries and who have different personalities, different strengths and weaknesses, and we all come together for a common good....creating the best life possible for those we serve. It's so rewarding. That was the bottom line of all the meetings I had today. The common goal was the betterment of the individuals we serve.
The new client I met with today and the sister of another new client have been very uneasy about getting served by a different agency because the agencies that have served them and their loved one in the past have not lived up to their expectations and they aren't sure if we will either. I put myself in their position and I could understand that it must be scary trusting a large part of your own life or the life of your loved one to perfect strangers. I get it. And today it was so rewarding to me to be able to reassure these people the best I could and let them know I am here to help them. I look forward to gaining their trust and helping them to have a good experience with us.
Earlier this week, a new co-worker of mine came into my office to tell me that one of his good friends suddenly died that morning. His friend's wife was left with their small children and he is hundreds of miles away from where they are. He felt shocked and helpless...and guilty because he had just left his friend's bedside and thought everything was going to be fine. There was nothing he should have felt guilty about, but I think that is a natural thing to feel when someone you love dies and you are not there. He cried and I just sat there and stopped what I was doing and listened. Today he came to me again with tears in his eyes and told me that his uncle just passed away suddenly this morning. Wow. What a week he has had. And his family is hurting. Again, I listened, and sympathized, and told him how to go about taking some time off since he is new and didn't know if he could leave to spend time with his family.
Toward the end of the day, another new co-worker came to me crying because she just received a call that a good friend of hers only had hours to live. She said she was going to take care of a couple of things for me and then try to make it to her friend. I told her to please leave and be careful and go to her friend. I would take care of everything she had to do. I was working late and sending emails and she responded to one. I asked her how her friend was and she said not good. I asked what her friend's name was and told her I would pray, and as I bowed my head I saw a vision of her standing by him while he was laying in a hospital bed and she had his hand in hers and she was praying over him. I stopped and emailed her back and told her about my vision and she said that's what she had been doing since she got there. God is so good. He still speaks. And regardless of how this ends for her friend, He is there.
I didn't do much today but do a little bit of talking and a lot of listening...but God blessed me today. Through all of these things. Tomorrow's a new day. Surprise me, God.
No comments:
Post a Comment