Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 7/30


Today was super busy.  Mondays usually are.  There were so many things to do and not really enough time to do them all.  But I tried.  Before I left work, I managed to get the things done that had deadlines...with 5 minutes to spare.  :)  And had to leave piles of things on my desk...that's not like me and caused me anxiety to know that my desk was a mess and there were still things that needed to be done....but you know what?  I got the important stuff done.  There was just enough time for that.  And tomorrow I will have time to make headway on the rest of the stuff before I leave the office for the day. 

Maddie called me at work and asked me if she could go to the store with her friend and her mom.  I agreed to that and headed home.  Shortly after I got there, Isaac came home.  It was just me and him for a good part of the evening.  That was a surprise and was such a blessing to get to spend some one on one time with him.  He got a card for a free ice cream cone for his good grades, so we headed to Dairy Queen for that.  That kid has such a sweet tooth...he was in heaven!  Isaac and I went to two different stores to grocery shop and later on in the evening, I brought Maddie and her friend back to my house and I could hear them upstairs giggling.  Gosh, I love that sound.  :)  I had all 3 kids help me unload the trunk and helped with homework while I put everything away.  I tucked Isaac in bed and the girls were told lights out and I came downstairs by myself.  Still dishes in the sink and laundry to do...but I had accomplished so much...and I was tired...and I needed a break before I fell into bed. 

As I sat there thinking about my day, I realized....there will always be more things to do than there is time to do it in.  Always.  It might as well be a natural law.  But I have noticed something.  The world doesn't stop because I didn't get everything done I wanted to get done.  Tomorrow has enough time for me to do all I am supposed to do.  And the day after that does too.  What I WANT to get done may not always match up with the time I have left in the day.  But it's okay. 

If you struggle with this kind of thing like I do, relax and take a deep breath and allow yourself permission to do your best and let that be good enough.  That's all you can do for today.  Tomorrow's a new day.  :)  Surprise us, God.

1 comment:

debi wolfe said...

Awesome post... I have been there too... U should start writing books, u have such a wonderful way of writing.

Post a Comment