Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Day 3/30



I know, I know....I knew this would happen.  I think I lost 5 days somewhere.  :)

Today I thought I would just highlight some of the blessings God has given me over the last several days....

Brian and I got to see a friend of ours who we hadn't seen in a long time.  It was her birthday.  We went to her party and stayed for a little while just catching up.  That was nice.  She's so bubbly and smiley.  I think I was smiling or laughing the whole time we were there.

My brother asked me if we wanted to hang out with him and my sister-in-law.  She didn't end up getting off work until late, so we didn't end up getting together, but I love that my brother and I are so close.  And I love that for once in my life, he actually really likes my boyfriend! :)

Another friend of ours had just had a very stressful day and is going through probably one of the hardest times in her life.  We went to a belated Halloween party to meet her there.  Her sister and brother were there also.  It was so good to see them supporting her and it felt good to be there for her too.  As always, she was happy and smiling and laughing the whole time we were there.  I love that girl.  :)  It was also hilarious to see some of the costumes there.  Really funny!

Earlier that day, Brian and I went to Amish country and did a little shopping and just looked around.  We stopped for a late lunch at an Amish restaurant, and two older women struck up a conversation with us while we were all sitting there eating.  They were so cute. That was really nice.  It's always a blessing to spend time together...no matter what we do.

Sunday we met a really good friend and her kids for lunch.  We haven't seen each other in a very long time, and the circumstances of her reason for being in town weren't good.  I could tell she wasn't herself, and it was hard to know she was in pain and there wasn't anything I could do for her....except be there.  And eat together with her family and try to lighten the day with conversation.  I'm glad that, no matter how short the visit, we connected and will stay in touch with at least daily texts like we've always done.  :)

Brian changed the oil in my car and we changed a burned out bulb and he had made an appointment for my brakes to be inspected on Monday morning.  He gave me his car and he took mine.  It's wonderful driving his car.  :)  He and Brice detailed and washed my car last night, and got nitrogen in the tires.  So sweet.  Brice was so excited to do that for me.  That was such a nice thing for both of them to do. 

Monday morning, I was already dreading coming in to work because of the workload as well as some personal things that just keep weighing on my heart.  When I came in, there was a note on top of a book of bedtime devotions, a book on faith, hope, and love, and a beautiful inspirational planner for 2012.  The note was from my supervisor, telling me I had been heavy on her heart all weekend and that she wished she could ease the pain I am going through.  The note ended with, "keep your head up and know that I am here if you need me.  Love you, girl!"  Gosh.  I just sat there amazed.  God knew what I needed and he delivered it to me.  Somehow when I need encouragement the most is exactly when He sends me some.  Thank You, God.  I went to her desk and hugged her and cried and thanked her from the bottom of my heart.  I may not always see eye to eye with her at work, but on a personal level, I think she is a wonderful person and I love her.

Yesterday there was no school.  Maddie stayed home and Isaac came to work with me.  Everyone there loves him and is always bringing him things to my office and doting on him.  It embarrasses him, but he enjoys it and it warms my heart.  I love that.  After work, I took the kids to counseling.  I always see that as a blessing, for many reasons.  I love my kids and I want what's best for them and this is a way to do that on many levels.

Today Isaac is sick and I'm staying home with him.  I missed a conference for work, but I love spending time with him and when he's sick I just want to take care of him.  I love being a mom.  Thank You, God, for making me one.

Tomorrow's a new day.  Surprise me, God....and help me make time to do day 4 on time!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment