We tried a new church yesterday. As always when you go somewhere new, we didn't really know what to expect. We got there a little early so we toured the place....they had one wing of classes for kids from birth to 5th grade and another wing for 6th graders on up...a cafe with food and beverages and an area to sit and eat. The auditorum was already set up with multimedia...laser lights in bold colors and a drum set and microphones ready for the band...three large screens for those who sat farther back to be able to see. The message was good. Two of the pastors also shared their vision for the future of the church and the community and the world. I think we all liked it and we may be back.
Whenever I go to church and I have a burden on my heart, my prayer is that somehow that burden will be lifted while I am there, or that God will at least speak to my heart in some way to comfort and reassure me. I got that reassurance during worship. In my experience, when you go to a new community church who is trying to reach everyone in the community, they rarely do mainstream things. They are different to stand out from the crowd. The music is usually new to me. The first couple of songs were ones I had never heard before...that didn't surprise me. The third song was something familiar. It's been the song that God has used to center me during this part of my life.
"....and if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us,
and if our God is with us, then what could stand against?..."
I needed that. And was reminded what a HUGE God I serve. And that no matter what, HE is the boss. He decides what the outcome will be. No one else. No one can stand against me if He is for me. Thank You, God, for the surprise of Your familiar comfort in an unfamiliar place.
Tomorrow's a new day....

No comments:
Post a Comment