Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 6/30


Yesterday was so nice.  Maddie and I made doughnuts together in the kitchen for breakfast...I helped the kids put finishing touches on their forts...we went fishing and driving around on the farm...laughed at Goldie and how much she loved running through the mud and water...Brian and I made dinner together...on the way home we saw lots of wildlife...we all just hung out all day together and enjoyed the weather and nature and each other.  It was a perfect day for all of that. 

This morning I was doing my Bible study and this week is all about joy...the writer says there are 5 different sources of our joy.  Today's source was the joy of discovery.  I think "surprise" can also be substituted here.  Every day is like a box all wrapped up ready for us to open.  Some of the surprises may not be what we wanted....some of them may not even be good...but they are all part of our life and part of our journey.  The key, I think, is just to look for those surprises that give us joy and help us along our way.  It helps us enjoy life so much more when we do that. 

Thank You, God.....for surprising us each and every day.  Keep 'em coming.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment