Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Blessings in Disguise

So we're driving in the car...seems like all the funny stuff happens in the car...
We were on the way to the zoo for a fun day as a family.  The kids were arguing...big surprise!...so I turned on the radio.  I had been listening to Relient K on the way to pick them up and knew that wouldn't be appreciated by either of them...so I flipped it to the radio.  104.9 was on...the contemporary Christian station in Columbus...

MADDIE:  Man, I HATE Christian music!  UGH!  I'm so TIRED of this!  It's stupid!

ME:  Ummmm.....okaaaayyy.  Calm down.  (turning station to 99.7....rock)

ISAAC:  OH, MAN!!!  This music disgusts my soul! 

LOL oh my goodness gracious....what in the world????  Disgusts my soul!?!?!?  Hehehe
When Isaac was tiny...maybe  1 1/2 or 2 years old...he looked up to the ceiling while I was putting him to bed and was just staring.  I asked him what he was looking at and he said, "they're on the ceiling, mommy, and so shiny!"  He was smiling and giggling.  Angels????  Around the same time, we were at a church that I babysat at and he pointed to a picture on the wall and said, "Jesus."....I had never seen that picture of Jesus before in my life...and I'm fairly certain he didn't either...but he knew exactly who it was.  Anyway...my point to all this is that his "soul" has always been sensitive to things....way more than normal kids.  So the whole, "disgusts my soul" comment initiated a response in me of laughter to the point of my cheeks and stomach hurting!  But when I really thought about it....I bet he completely accurately described how he was feeling.  Amazing.

I was playing an online game of Mahjongg the other nite...I know...pathetic social life!  :)  But I was either so tired or had been playing it for so long that I wasn't quick at it anymore...and I was searching for matching tiles...and not finding any...and having to use the HINT button several times in a row.  Each time I would use the button, it would highlight two tiles right in front of my face....and I would think, "Oh!  Why didn't I see that?"  After this happened a few times...same thing over and over again...it hit me.  The tiles are blessings that God gives me each and every day.  Some days I am more in tune to seeing them.  Other days not so much.  But I pass over them so often...not even realizing they are there for me to enjoy...not ever getting to be blessed...cuz I'm just not paying attention to Him.  But He's always paying attention to me and always thinking about me, always loving me....and that makes me speechless.  And so thankful.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I can relate to your story about your son being 1 1/2 and seeing what he seen. My Logan has done that, and EVERY picture of Jesus he always says "Thank You Jesus" now and kisses it. God bless the little children :-)

Post a Comment