


So...this is what we have today...a fake tree in our house that is looking faker by the minute, a tiny lizard wearing Barbie's baby's dress, and rubber hats worn as socks. Can it get any zanier than this??? I have laughed my butt off at these kids. Just the imaginations and the little things they do with them. Yesterday I was walking by the family room and noticed that, hanging very creatively by the four hooks under the mantle we hang Christmas stockings by, there was a blanket looped with each of the 4 corners attached to a hook, and the middle of the blanket was cinched by a pirate's eye patch! I am going to have to re-create that one so you can see the magnificence of it all! I could surely write a book with all their antics and sayings and publish a new one every year. The comic relief around here is fantastic! :)
Last night Oliver and I went out to dinner at Longhorn and had the best steak I have had in a long time. Yum! Then we went to see The End of the Spear. It was really a good movie. There was a write-up in the paper that Joyce saved for me about the main character and his openly gay lifestyle and how some are outraged that he would be asked to be in a movie about Christian missionaries. But I love what the director of the movie said...that as Christians we do not approve of the sin in his life, but we love him as a person and support him as a person. That was good. Anyway...I say if it makes those who are not Christians watch the movie just to go see that actor, and if he does a great job acting (which he does) then why not? God was glorified whether he stands for something I don't offscreen or not.
I talked a little to my friends Brian and Joyce today about how I have been feeling I am in the midst of some kind of mid-life crisis lately, for lack of a better word. I literally feel that I could move away (if it weren't for my kids) and get a little apartment and a little job and just go find myself...like where do I belong in this world. Do I have a purpose? What is it? Is God really there answering my prayers? Does He listen and hear me or do my prayers just reach the ceiling and bounce off? Sometimes I wonder. I know He is God and He is good and He loves me. But sometimes I just want to know that my life matters and that I am on the right track and that He approves of my life and how I am living for Him. Does anything I do matter to Him? Why can't He just come down here and wrap me in a big hug? Why does He have to be so illusive? I can't stand it sometimes. Anyway...that's why I talked to Brian and Joyce. I can see the rest of your mouths hanging open in disbelief. Close them suckers! :) I guess it's all just part of the journey. Like Brian said...life is a journey, not a destination. And I just need to enjoy the ride and be grateful for where I am right now. Let God take care of the rest. Amen!
1 comment:
you are not alone my friend. {{{HUGS}}}.
miss t
Post a Comment