Can you guess which child exhibited which characteristic today? Some days it's a toss-up! :)
Oliver got doughnuts for the kids to eat for breakfast and Maddie was still asleep while Isaac ate his two doughnuts. When she got up, I asked her which kind she would like, and she told me. She took it in my bedroom to watch a movie while she ate, and Isaac enticed her to play in the living room. She quickly forgot about the half-eaten doughnut. Well...he didn't! Next thing I know, he comes into the kitchen and announces, "I just ate Maddie's doughnut, Mommy!" with a big smile on his face. Maddie was horrified! She said, "I'm going to go see if he really did." She came running back into the kitchen, and said, "HE DID!!! HE ATE MY DOUGHNUT!" Isaac got this devilish little grin on his face and said, "Bon apetit!" I think I reinjured my rib laughing so hard!
Maddie took a break from school and we all laid on the bed and watched Madagascar for a little while together. The penguins were talking, and she looked over at me with shock and questioning in her big brown eyes, "Mommy...one of those Penguins called the other one Private!" I laughed so hard I couldn't talk for a few minutes. Then I explained to her about military ranks and that he didn't mean to call the penguin a "private part" of the body, which is what she thought he was saying! Oh, man...at least two great laughs today. You just can't beat that!
No comments:
Post a Comment