A friend of mine sent me an email that I read this morning. Her daughter had recently been hospitalized and had surgery and it was unknown for a while what was actually going on in her daughter’s body. A lot of people were praying for her, and everything ended up okay. She said in the email that her uncle had sent her a text message recently with a Scripture. Matthew 11:28-30. I looked it up and this is what it says:
Come unto Me, all you that labor (who are weary) and are heavy laden (burdened) and I will give you rest. Take My yoke (always only worn by two) upon you, and learn of Me: for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.
I thought that was so sweet of her uncle to send that to her. And he had just learned how to text! Then I opened up another email from another friend of mine. She listed three things that she is getting ready to deal with that are causing her stress, and she asked me to pray for her. I sent her an email back and told her I just received an email from someone with this Scripture in it and typed it out for her as an encouragement.
I got into the car to go to work and there was a praise CD in the player that I had been listening to the day before to help me battle some negativity I was feeling at the end of the day. I finished listening to the song that was on there and decided I would keep listening instead of turning the radio on. I haven’t listened to this CD in a very long time and I don’t even remember the last couple of songs on it because I normally only listen to a few select ones before I switch to something else. But I kept it on. The very next thing I heard was a woman’s voice reading this same Scripture….and then the next song began. I can’t even tell you what the song was about. I was pretty much just driving and thinking about how this is no coincidence. God is good.
So before I write each blog, I think of what kind of picture I want to put at the top. I usually just pick a word that describes what I am writing about and search for pictures with that theme. This time, I searched for burden. The picture above came up at the top of the list.....and it had the same Scripture on it. Crazy? Yeah. I think it's absolutely crazy....not a coincidence....just good-crazy. :)
So…..this is for YOU. There is some reason you were meant to read this. Be encouraged. He knows what you are going through….and everything’s gonna be okay. He’s got your back. Lean on Him. Rest in Him. Lay your burdens at His feet.
Shalom.

3 comments:
While reading that, I began to breathe.....right now I am taking nice , deep, steady breaths....
God is good...!
Amen :-)
Amen :-)
Post a Comment