Friday, February 05, 2010

Have a Blessed Day :)

Sometimes life is hard.  Sometimes it just downright sucks.  I just noticed this morning when I went to go feed Isaac's fish that one of them looks like he's about ready to be flushed down the toilet.  Ugh!  I HATE having a pet die....we've had lots of em over the years....hermit crabs, mice, fish, turtle, dogs, cats....and yes, even when a fish dies, there are tears at my house.  So I am dreading when he comes back from his dad's in a few days and I have to tell him one of his fish died.  CRAP.

There are other things in life that suck....lots of em.  Relationships don't always go how we wish they would go....people always change...we are dynamic, not static....which is a good thing....til someone messes with the perfect image you have in your mind of how you want your life to be.  But that's life.  We have to deal with it.  People we love hurt us.  Peolpe we love die.  People we love abandon us or reject us or say things that cut to the bone.....we mess up.  We hurt others.  And that hurts us too.

BUT....life is full of blessings.  Tiny ones...BIG ones...and I believe the joy of these blessings FAR outweighs the crap we have to deal with.  The amount of times I smiled and laughed yesterday far exceeds the number of times I wanted to strangle someone :)  I think the key is our focus.  Our life will be to us what we focus on.  We focus on the bad....the bad becomes the biggest thing.  We focus on the blessings....the bad fades to our peripheral vision.  Make it a point today....just for one day...to focus on all the GOOD things that happen, that you see, that you hear, that you do.  Then tomorrow try it again.  One day at a time.  You'll be amazed at how blessed you feel...and how blessed you realize you truly are. 

Have a blessed day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment