Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy President's Day!

Yesterday, David and I spent the day together just hanging out and enjoying each others' company. I just love that man! Anyway...we came back to my house to be here when the kids got home. Oliver dropped them off around 7. David and the kids and I all played Trouble together and I Spy Eagle Eye.


Today the kids and I went to the doctor's to get Maddie some antibiotics for her sinus infection and then to wash the van (it barely looks like it has been washed now after driving in melting snow and slush!) and get her prescription. After we got home, I made the kids play together for an hour to prove to me that they could get along! They had been at each others' throats all day and wanted me to take them sled riding...I said not unless they could be nice to each other. After wailing and acting like they were going to die, they finally went downstairs to the playroom and played nicely together for an hour.


We asked Christian to go sledding with us and he was thrilled! We had a blast! There were older kids there already who had made a ramp out of snow halfway down the hill. Maddie and Christian went down the hill and over the ramp...hillarious to watch! I bet they have bruises on their patooties tomorrow! Christian broke his uncle's sled! LOL After we were done sledding, we all went down the hill to make snowballs. Christian spent all his time making a HUGE snowball while Maddie and Isaac and I made a sledful of little ones. We went over to the slides and had a snowball fight together along with another man and his two kids. Then Maddie and Isaac made snow angels...and we went home. Now the kids are all 3 playing nicely downstairs...and I bet Miss Pete and Patrick are resting up at home! It's been a fun couple of days with the kids. Fighting aside, that is!

Here are the pics from today...and one of Maddie and Christian along with the other kids from the 4 -1st grade classes who made it into the Principal's Club this 9 weeks. Way to go, guys! I am SO proud of you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment