Monday, September 11, 2006

Something New...


This picture really has nothing to do with this blog...I was just looking through some pics from the cruise mumsy and I went on last November and found this one. I love looking at those pictures...we had SO much fun!!! Can't wait to do it again sometime! Talk about relaxing...that was the life. :)

Okay...so the "something new" is this blog address. Please keep it to yourselves...don't forward it to anyone. Oliver got ahold of my last one and claims I have slandered his name or some such nonsense and claims he will tell his attorney on me and sue me or something to that affect. So, although that is laughable, I don't wish to have any more headaches than I already do...and my life is none of his business now. So...enough said about that. Thank you for keeping this between us! :)

I can't wait to get pictures on here that I just took this weekend of the kids and Christian and our "party." This is so comical...they asked me to tie a long balloon onto a nail, tie a long piece of yarn onto the balloon, tie the yarn onto a bracelet, put the bracelet around this stuffed duck's neck, and hammer the nail into the ceiling in the living room so they could hit the duck like a pinata! LOL I laughed my BUTT off!!! I made them take turns whacking the thing and have like 3 holes in my ceiling now from where I had to put the nail back in a different spot because they beat it down eventually...and again...and again. I finally resorted to holding the yarn myself and trying not to let them beat me up in the process. Maddie videotaped a lot of it and I got some tape of it too. Man, those kids are so creative!

Then Maddie insisted that we make a present for Christian. She got a box and decorated it, put two pictures of Isaac from Chuck E Cheese in it, some different colored tissue paper, a quarter, and a pretend lollipop she made out of a tongue depressor and tape and paper. She made a card for him that wished him a happy happy day. What a sweetheart. He was so excited and thankful...it was really cute.

Later on, we invited Christian to stay the night and we all had a sleepover in the living room...complete with marshmallow flavored popcorn (I know...yuk...but they loved it) and movies...lights out...lots of pillows and blankets. It was so fun.

Sunday Maddie and Christian went to the church service for kids their age in the evening and had a blast as always. The adult service was really good. It was entitled "It's Not About Me" and the teaching pastor was telling everyone that we need to stop looking to church as a place to go to get our needs met, but start looking at it as a place to get recharged and get information and get pumped up so that we can go out there and tell those people who don't know about Jesus what He is really all about. It made me look at what I do with my days...convicted me to stop and think about what I say and to whom and how I use my time. It was really good. And the music is awesome. The band is great. I love it...at least at this point in my life, it's exactly what I need. I am happy there and so are the kids. Isaac loves his teachers there and they tell me all the time how he entertains them...that's just my boy! :)

Well, it's getting late and I have been rambling enough. Gotta get to bed...meeting with Maddie's teacher early tomorrow. And Isaac has got his preschool with Miss Stacey...both of the kids are doing awesome and I am SO proud of them. Goodnight everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment