Sunday, August 27, 2006

We're Back :)


I feel so blessed. The kids and I love it here. They are adjusting well to our new life...I am adjusting, too. This is so different. But I feel so free and happier than I have in years. I have some wonderful friends and family, some amazing new people in my life, and a job that I love. The kids and I have been trying new churches. I know God will show us where He wants us to be. He has provided for us every step of the way.

Isaac and Maddie have been staying with Stacey over the summer while I have been working. Now Maddie starts school Wednesday (open house is tomorrow night) and Isaac will be at Stacey's all year as she works on a pre-school curriculum with him. My neighbor Ms. Pete will be watching Maddie before and after school, as her grandson who lives with her will be going to the same school. She has offered to walk Maddie to school and pick her up and let her stay and play with Christian until I get home from work. I feel so blessed by people in my life who offer to help me and the kids when we need it.

God just keeps providing. It has been hard to not question God concerning the direction of my life. I felt angry with Him for a time and backed away from Him. I just didn't understand why He would not take me out of certain situations...why I was forced to choose between my kids' well-being and doing what people (namely my church leaders) thought was right regardless of my circumstances. But I know that God loves us, and I have seen His fingerprints all over my life...that hasn't changed just because I have been angry with Him. He is still there. He still provides. He still loves us. He brings us through hard times because we can't grow much on the mountaintops....we must go through the valleys to grow from pain, lonliness, discouragement, etc. When we are down there, we really only have Him to look up to. That creates trust and faith. And that's what He desires. That is what makes us more like Him.

Anyway...let me get out of the pulpit...you all have a great day. Thanks for reading. :) I love you all.

~h

No comments:

Post a Comment