



Check this out! Is this not one of the most hillarious things you have ever seen? I made oobleck with the kids...1 part water to 2 parts cornstarch. I split it into two bowls and put red food coloring in one and green in the other. Um....I think I put too much food coloring in....it didn't look as nice and pale as when Amy made it for us the first time. And the longer Maddie played in the red...the redder her hands got. The longer Isaac and Christian played in the green...the greener their hands got. All I could think about was that Christian's grandma was going to be so upset that his hands were green AND THERE IS SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!! Oh, man. The damage was already done, so I let the kids play until they were ready to wash their hands. I took them inside and washed them and sure enough...their hands were stained the colors of the oobleck. They thought it was so funny! I went next door and said, "Pete...you're going to kill me". I told her what happened and she took one look at Christian's hands and started laughing. Relief. :)
Brian from a couple doors down was mowing the grass and his girlfriend's son Dylan was over here running around playing with the kids. They were coloring on the patio and sidewalk out back with chalk and then they started coloring themselves with it! Isaac had it on his face and in his hair...oobleck was all over everything...Isaac went to go hug Brian and he jumped back and said, "Don't touch me"! LOL. Why not have an anit-stress mess day every few days just to remind ourselves not to ever take life too seriously?
Along those lines...three out of the handlful of people that matter the world to me are really going through some hard times and it breaks my heart to see them in pain because I love them...and because I can relate. Life isn't fair. Life is tough. But there are happy times...rays of sunshine that God sends to cut through the gloom and the uncertainty of life. The pain is lessened...even if only for a moment...and we are reminded that although life can be hard, it can also be good...and fun...and worth all the heartache we ever go through. Ten years ago, my heart broke more than I ever thought it could. Today the peices are being mended by a loving God who saw me through that time...and who knew that that time and this time would connect in some way...and all the pain would be so worth it. Hold on to the good times. Hold on to the good memories and make it a priority to make new good memories. It makes life sweeter....
No comments:
Post a Comment