So now I think I am truly a bloser :) Anyway...here are some funny things that I wanted to pass on...
A couple mornings ago, Isaac came into my room and said, "Mommy, is it time to get up?" I looked at the clock and told him it was. He said, "Could you please cut the tag off of my truck blanket? The one that keeps my feet warm?" Then he went back to his room. Isaac has always hated tags on anything he owns. Even on things he doesn't own. If it has a tag, he wants it off. Stuffed animals, clothing, blankets, whatever has a tag, it must go. As I lay there trying to come out of the fog of sleep I had been in, I finally realized he must mean his sheets. I got up and went in to his room and just stood in the doorway in amazement. His bed was completely stripped of bedding and he was hovering over his sheets which were in a pile on the floor. He was turning them this way and that, and saying, "I can't find the tag!" Hah!
Maddie was talking on the phone to her dad after we called him at work to sing Happy Birthday to him. I heard her say, "You are THIRTY?!?!? WOW!!! And mommy''s going to be THIRTY-FOUR?!?!?! THAT'S OLD!!!" She must have seen the horror on my face, because she smiled and said, "Well, not old like a granny. And not old like wrinkled old. Just numbers old." Why that little....
Saturday, Oliver got the kids and us each a pet mouse. We surprised them when the kids and I got back from Canton. They love them! I go with Maddie every Sunday to church at 9am for her Voyagers class and Oliver and Isaac meet us there at 10:30 for the regular worship service. Well, last Sunday, Oliver fell back to sleep. Isaac awakened him by standing over him holding a plastic Wal-Mart shopping bag with a mouse in it. Oliver thought for sure it was dead, but it wasn't. Perfectly fine. But Isaac mentioned nonchalantly that there was one loose in the house. Oliver finally found it in the bathtub safe and sound. The other two were safe in the cage. What a trip! So we have had to reitterate to him that he is only allowed to hold the mice when he asks us and if we are there or if Maddie is with him and his door is closed. Whew! That was a close one!
I guess that's all for now. When I get some time, I have some great pics to share with you. I'll try to post them soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment