Sunday, October 19, 2014

It Is Well....


I know not too long ago I wrote a blog with a similar message.  But I can't help what God decides to do...and He has repeated Himself today.  :)  Usually I second guess things...but it was VERY clear today that this needed to reach someone.  It reached me.  I know I'm not the only one who needs to hear this.

I had a very difficult morning.  Another blow was dealt to my heart and I just felt angry and hurt at the same time.  Mostly hurt...and dumbfounded.  I drove to worship practice with a heavy heart, and had the radio on a new station I recently found.  There was a song on but I didn't catch anything except the words, "I'm letting go..."  I was praying, asking God to help me let go of this hurt so I could enjoy church and the rest of my day today.  I don't like to let others get me down.  I can hear Joyce Meyer's voice in my head, "you can't take my joy, devil!"  :)  The next thing to come on the radio was Adie and Jeremy Camp singing It Is Well With My Soul.  Oh, how I love that song.  It just brings me back to center and gives me perspective. Adie was talking about the song and said, "there is a difference between it being well with your circumstances and it being well with your soul."  That is a profound statement.  And so true. I can do anything, go through anything, because He is with me.  He is my peace.   

I pulled up to the house where we were to worship this morning, and I was wiping the tears from my face, trying to make myself presentable before I stepped inside.  I held it together pretty well, I think.  We practiced a few songs, and one of them had the words in it, "I'm letting go..."  As I sang those words, my heart smiled, because I knew God saw me and He was reiterating a point he was trying to make.  Just let it go.  Don't allow your joy to be stolen or your day to be ruined.  Let it go....

After church,  one of our members hugged me and asked me if I was okay and I just started crying.  My pastor's wife hugged me.  She knows my heart is broken.  I don't even have to say anything and she knows what to pray for me.  My good friend and I walked outside, she asked me more details, and I told her what happened this morning.  I told her I know I just need to let it go.  We talked a little bit longer and then she made me laugh, like only she can do when I am upset...she lightens my mood and gets me thinking happy things.  Such an amazing woman and friend that God has blessed me with.  

I got in the car to go run a few errands and I checked my phone.  A call from my kids and a text from my brother.  I called my kids back and got no answer, so I would try again in a little bit.  I read the text from my brother and it said, "heard this and thought you would like it!"  Attached was a link to a YouTube video for a song called.....It Is Well.  You could have heard a pin drop in my car.  I just sat there with tears running down my face.  God saw me and what I was feeling and wanted to reach out and touch my heart.  He did.  

Whatever you are going through...through it all...keep your eyes on Him.  The waves and wind still know His name.  It is well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment