Monday, August 23, 2010

Sing...Laugh...Love



A few days ago, I read a post on Facebook from a young lady who is very dear to my heart. She is going through a bad break-up and was feeling like there was a hole in her heart. This young lady has a gorgeous voice, and one of the last times I saw her she played my guitar and sang for her sister, my kids and me. Beautiful. So after I thought to myself I wanted to have a talk with the boy who hurt her, my next thought was to say, “you gotta keep singin, girl. He inhabits our praises. Even when you don’t feel like it, keep singin.”  Mercy Me sings a song that the lead singer wrote after someone very close to him died.  It says, "Gotta keep singin'.  Gotta keep praisin' Your name.  You're the one that's keepin' my heart beating.  Gotta keep singin'.  Gotta keep praisin' Your name.  That's the only way that I'll find healing.  Can I climb up in Your lap?  I don't wanna leave.  Jesus sing over me.  You're everything I need.  Gotta keep singin'."


Have you ever just had one of those weeks? Or months? Or maybe for you it’s been one of those years? Ever been upset by something and then something else happens…and something else…and finally, something else happens that ordinarily would be no big deal…but it just pushes you over that emotional edge? I don’t remember what day last week I felt that, but I felt that. I had just gotten back from vacation the previous weekend and I was already ready for another one!  I thought about the words I had posted on my friend’s Facebook page…got out the Mercy Me CD that I have with that song on it…played it…sang it…felt it. I praised Him all the way to work. Then I got to work and it was a struggle to keep that positive feeling.


Why is it so hard for me to not let others dictate how I feel? Sometimes I allow circumstances and things people say and the way others act steer my mood, my reactions at times…I don’t consciously allow it…but I allow it. And that burns me. As another song I love says, “perfection is my enemy.” It frustrates me that I can’t be positive all the time. But no one is perfect. We just have to get up, dust ourselves off, and try again. And again. And again. For the rest of our lives we will be trying again. And that sounds exhausting to me. But little by little we grow and learn and get better at accomplishing whatever it was we were really bad at accomplishing! :) Let’s face it, there will ALWAYS be negative people around us, disappointing circumstances we find ourselves in. But WE HOLD THE POWER to be able to do with that whatever we want….to act in a POSITIVE way.


Laughter is my favorite medicine. So I order it up quite often :) A couple of my co-workers and I are constantly laughing and helping to encourage each other through the day. It helps battle negativity!!! The day I listened to that CD is the same day I came home and was going through Isaac’s backpack from last school year and found “My Poem Book.” It was a “book” with a construction paper cover, bound by yarn, with little type-written poems his teacher had provided. On the bottom of each page, he had drawn a picture to match the poem. Man I laughed so hard my sides hurt! There were about 100 different pages…most of them hilarious just because of the pictures! My absolute favorite picture was under a poem called Five Little Turkeys….hahahahahaha….here ya go:





I’ll throw in some funnies that I’ve been savin’ up :)




Right before vacation, I was telling Isaac all the things there were to do in North Carolina around Grandma and Grandpa’s house while we were staying there before we headed to the beach. I told him about a small amusement park that we could go to, and he said he thought they must have small rides. When I asked him why, he said, (Talking about his grandparents), “Cuz they’re old and crusty and weak!” Bahahahahaaaa Um….sorry guys. :)


Maddie and Isaac were fighting in the car….of course….and all I caught of it was that Isaac said she could have something and then decided he wanted it back and Maddie threw it back at him. They were both yelling at each other (does anybody else deal with this crap while driving 70 mph??? I’m pretty sure that was the posted speed limit by the way :)) and I told them both to be quiet. I told Isaac when he gives someone something to keep, he can’t ask for it back. I told Maddie she shouldn’t throw things at anyone. Her reply…in a raised tone, of course….”It only weighed a GRAM!” OMG….hahahahaha! I’m sure her math teacher would be so proud of her that even during the summer she was thinking about weights and measures! LOL


I was sitting at the dining room table reading when Isaac came in the room with a “cane” and said, “Hello, young one. Who am I?” I said, “Hmmmmm….Yoda?” He said, “No. But it starts with a Y.” I said, “Yoda!” He said, “No….Y-O-U!” Alllllllrighty then! I laughed so hard if felt like I cracked a rib! Hahahaha



Sing…Laugh…Love.

~Peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment