Over the past several months there have been several people who have spoken into my life the words that God laid on their hearts for me. The common theme??? I am not letting Christ be my Savior. Yes I believe that He died for me and I am a Christian. But I can't stop feeling like a failure when I mess up...can't forgive myself...can't believe I am a new creation...can't believe He still loves me...that He's proud of me...that He delights in me...that I bring Him joy...that I'm forgiven...that He forgets my sin...that He sees me as blameless. He has died to pay for all of my sins....past, present, future....and I make it all for nothing when I don't LET HIM. Do I honestly think that I am better than Him???? Why would I continue to beat myself up over things He has already cleansed and forgotten????
I am a new creation. If you have accepted Christ, you are a new creation. If you haven't, you have the opportunity to become that new creation every day you still have breath in your lungs. Don't let another day pass you by still feeling guilt, shame, self blame, hopelessness......
I've learned two very important things this week:
#1: When I FEEL hopeless or discouraged or any negative thing...those are emotions and can't be reasoned with. I CANNOT allow those negative thoughts/feelings to drive me. Emotions are baggage that come with the trouble that life brings. And life will bring trouble....but it is entirely within my control to choose how to direct that trouble to a good ending. Letting that baggage (emotions/feelings/negative thoughts) direct/drive my circumstances is a disaster waiting to happen.
#2: When I am hurting, it is not in vain. God uses my time in the valley to grow me. When I am growing, I know that better things are ahead, so even when I am in pain I can look at it as a means to an end....I am on my way to a better place. God has thought me ready to move up to something better....but not ready enough....I need to go through some things first to change me so that I am a different, better person somehow when I get there.
So today I thank God for the pain I feel....because it means ultimate blessing.....and a more blessed and better tomorrow. :)
3 comments:
Thank You, I needed to be reminded of this.
Julie
Excellent post Heath!!
Thanks for that.
Wow, truly inspiring! I just want to say AGAIN thank you for sharing your blog, I had been down on myself for the past week it seems? But reading this blog has truly uplifted me and reminded me that HE is there, that HE has never left my side and I will NOT allow Satan to bring me down, nor keep me down! Amen and AMEN!!!. God bless ya!
Post a Comment