Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Light Bulb Moment

Good morning! I am kind of inspired, and even though I am pressed for time this morning, I really needed to get this out of my heart. For the last year or so, I have been struggling with the fact that someone close to me told me he loved me, but didn't back it up with his words. Actions that match words has always been something I look for in others, and it just wasn't there. For the longest time, I thought...what is wrong with me that he can't put me enough of a priority in his life to spend time with me and my kids? After a while I realized, it wasn't me. And I believe he made choices on his own, but I don't believe he really fully understood the consequences of those choices.

This morning, getting ready to spend my time with God, it hit me. All the times in the past that I have let things steal away the time I would normally spend with Him, (staying out late so I don't want to get up to spend time with Him, choosing to sleep in instead of going to church to worship Him, etc)...all those times....must have hurt Him so deeply. Because I chose. I chose other things over Him. And even though I love Him with all my heart, when my actions don't allign with my words, my words become hollow. WOW. I stand in awe, once again...of an amazing God who pursues me even when I run away from Him...even when I don't put Him as a priority in my life, He consistently places me number one. Amen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen!

Post a Comment