Isaac had this hillarious picture in his cubby when I came to pick him up at school today...When asked to explain to me what it was, he told me the man on the left is David, who is holding a baby ghost. I personally think he was a bit generous on the hair. Just kidding, baby. :) The next character to the right is a ghost. Then comes me, then Isaac holding the case that the ghost came out of, then Maddie. Why is Maddie smaller than Isaac? But the BEST part of all is that he actually wrote a story beneath it. His teacher wrote underneath what he wanted it to say, but he did a pretty good job himself. If you can't read it, it says "Luk u gost" (look, a ghost)
"Mom says ha ha ha" "I bet u up" (I beat you up)! LOL Now doesn't that sound like him? I cracked up!
Isaac's crab Shiny passed away after a long, good life and was buried out back with some "forget-me-nots" planted over top of his grave. Isaac was so sad for a couple of days. I asked him and Maddie if they wanted to help me clean out the crab tank and we could start a saltwater aquarium. Isaac got on the rubber gloves after Maddie did the dirty work and hosed out the inside of the tank to get it ready.
These next two pics were taken at the playground at Maddie's school. We went there Saturday afternoon/evening after everyone left from Maddie's 9th birthday party. Yes...9! I can hardly believe it. She is such a little lady. So smart and beautiful with a heart of gold. Here is Isaac who went down the slide head first...and one of both of them up at the top about to go down. I wish they treated each other as sweetly as they are looking at each other all the time!!!
We went for a walk in the woods behind Maddie's school...which is one of our very favorite things to do. It seems like it goes on forever and it is so easy to get lost in there! There are so many cool things to see...here are a couple pics from our afternoon there....Isaac found a walnut shelled by a squirrel...show mommy how the piggies eat! Hee hee. (Some of you who have never watched A Christmas Story are probably thinking, "HUH???") Look at this beautiful girl...who is that? Man, she's so grown up! She and Isaac both found walking sticks that they carried and used the whole time we were in the woods. Here is Isaac creeping along with his stick...bending over and trying to be old. And here is Maddie pointing out deer hoofprints in the mud. They were everywhere. This place is so secluded and well hidden and there is a creek that runs back there. The deer must be everywhere but we have yet to see one.




I absolutely love this picture. Because of the creek drying up in some spots due to fallen trees and debris from weather, there are rocky outcroppings that have empty shells laying all over them. There are a lot of shells, but each of the kids found some that had not been broken apart and were still hinged together. I thought that was kind of cool. But seeing their little hands here puts a lump in my throat. I took this because the scenery was just so pretty. This is one of the areas where the creek had started to dry up.

These were taken at Maddie's party Saturday. The kids from left to right are Isaac, Maddie, Carsyn, Alexis, Camryn, Clayton, Christian, and Sarah. We had a great time!



Alexis and Maddie TP'd Isaac's room! You can see how upset he was about it! The kids want to TP David's apartment next...watch out for upcoming photos on that one!
This was so cute. The kids each picked out a mug from our collection and made it theirs. Each sits on the stove. Whenever they do something to earn money, I give them a colored popsicle stick in their mug. Each color of stick represents a different amount from $ .25 to $1.00. At the end of each week, we add up what they have earned and I give them the money for their banks and tithe. Isaac decided he wanted to do the dishes for me! I was so excited! He spent so much time on them and then told me he was done. I came to look and this is what I found...all the dishes were clean as can be and covered with soap suds, set out to dry on towels on the counter! Hee hee....what a cutie! 
Um...please let me explain...
My mom had given me some exercise equipment that she could no longer use due to an injury. Two of those pieces of equipment were two green rubber ball weights. Apparently, the kids thought they would make good boobs....Maddie looks like her back is going to break and all I can think is, "God, please don't let hers get that big"! And Isaac called his "man boobs"! LOL




I saved this one for last because it was so precious. I looked out the back door to check on the kids and I see this...Maddie sitting Indian style, talking to Christian...and Christian laying there, chin propped on his hands...hanging on every word. No matter how much they may argue or hurt each others' feelings, they are true friends who love each other very much. And they enjoy each other's company. That is what I will remember when I look at this picture.
1 comment:
Awesome!
Post a Comment