I have been putting off blogging until I found my camera cord so I can download my pics on here...but I have looked high and low and cannot find it. I'll have to try to get another one from Cord Camera. Anyway...you have gotta read this...
Maddie and Isaac always tell me about their day on the way home from the sitter's, and this day was no different. It was a week or two ago and Maddie was telling me that Jenny and Stacy both are opposed to them saying "fart" in their homes. I said, "Really? What are you supposed to say instead?" She made a face and said, with exasperation and a sigh, "Gas or toot! Can you believe that?! I mean, what's the point??? They both mean fart!" LOL I laughed so hard I must have been swerving over the yellow line. What a hoot!
Two days ago, I was cleaning the half bathroom downstairs off the kitchen, and the kids were in the kitchen putting the finishing touches on their garden stones we had just made. I told them that I had found two boogers on the wall by the toilet paper roll, and I told them that was nasty...and they could have just used the toilet paper...it was right there! Both of them said, "EEEWWWW!" and neither of them, of course, would confess to the deed. Then the following was said:
Isaac: "Maybe Malachi putted his claw in his nose and..."
Maddie: "No. He's not that smart. He's not too bright!"
Hah! I'll agree with that. By the way...I am planning on taking him to the animal shelter because he keeps biting and scratching the kids when they play with him. If I have any takers on attempting to reform a behavioral cat, please speak now. Otherwise...he's outta here soon.
We read some in Maddie's comic book Bible tonight about Saul and how he called on a witch to call up the dead Samuel...and how God told Samuel to tell Saul that he had disobeyed Him, etc. It was a good teaching moment and I was able to let them know, through answering their questions...that there really are such things as witches...and they don't look like the ones in cartoons...they're just ordinary people who practice magic and witchcraft and it's very real. But God tells us not to do that. And there really are people who can call up dead people, spirits, but God tells us not to do that, either. Then each of them prayed and spoke what was on their hearts. Maddie asked for God to protect us and she asked Him to send angels inside and outside our house so that we could be surrounded with good and have a peaceful sleep. Isaac prayed that God would protect us, that everyone would remember everything and never forget anything, that I would remember to put flowers on David's friend's grave, he thanked Jesus for dying on the cross for us, he asked God to protect his toys so they would be strong and not break, and to protect every living thing and keep them strong. I am in awe of their love for the Lord at such a young age...and their ability to pray and believe in faith that they will receive what they ask for. And their belief in the fact that if they don't receive the answer to their prayers the way they had wanted their prayers answered, in the time they had wanted them answered, that God has still heard them. He just has a different answer coming in His time. I want to be more like them in that regard. Today Maddie came out of Jenny's house bouncing and happy and said, "Mommy, God answered my prayer. Jordan was nice today." We had prayed last night that Jordan, Jenny's son, would treat Maddie nicely today, and he did. And her faith was reinforced by that answered prayer. My prayer tonight is that we can all be a little more like them.
No comments:
Post a Comment