Friday, April 14, 2006

Dandelions and Mud



The kids and I went on a walk the other day...well, they were riding their bikes and I was walking. Isaac would stop every now and then to pick up something on the ground that interested him. At first it was dandelions. He picked some and said, "That's all I need, mommy." and got back on his bike and kept going. Then he would see another dandelion or maybe some gravel or a stick. He would stop, pick it up and put it into one of four pockets he had and then say again, "That's all I need!" and off he'd go. It was so comical! Maddie and I would just laugh at how he'd say that every time and he was so serious...like it was such an important thing to gather all this stuff! We got back home and he put all of this things in a pile on the front walkway and the wind kicked up and started blowing some of it away. He freaked out! Got so upset! I had to take them inside right away so they would be safe. Cute little bugger!



Okay...this one is priceless. Of course, I had to re-enact it, so it's not exactly original, but you get the idea. This was one of those things that was funny, but you know you can't laugh cuz it just wouldn't be pretty. Maddie was in her room for a time-out and she was screaming at me and pulling on my shirt and wouldn't let me leave the room (typical for her). I told her that I was giving her one chance to let me go or I was going to go get the wooden spoon. Next thing I know, Isaac walks through the door and hands me something...the wooden spoon! OH MY GOSH! NO HE DIDN'T!!!! That was just too funny. But I have a screaming young lady on my hands and I am NOT about to laugh at the antics of her brother bringing her torture device (not really, guys...don't anyone call Children's Services on me!) to the Enforcer! :) That was just too cute to not share!




Last but not least...the mud babies! Okay, so the picture's sideways...turn your head! It's like midnight, so I am going to bed and not changing it! This is a MILD picture, let me assure you! I stepped back into the house laughing after I took this one and got involved in laundry or something when I heard Isaac come through the kitchen door from the deck. I ran to make sure he wasn't tracking mud all over the kitchen floor, and that's when I saw it. I couldn't believe my eyes. I screamed, "don't touch anything!" It was BAD. I had to carry them both, one at a time, to the bathroom and put them right into the tub. Mud head to toe. I had to rinse them off before I could even run bath water! It was unreal. Hmmmmmm...maybe they'll cooperate and allow me a re-enactment of that one, too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment